Experimenting on humans

Options
Hello everyone!! I have struggled with HORRIBLE ups and down with my weight my entire life. It all started when I gained 100lbs between 13 and 14 years old. Right at the start of puberty which of course was horrifying and embarrassing.... grrr. My low weight after that point was 189 and my high was 305 when I gave birth to my daughter. I know the human inside of me as well as everything else obviously contributed but still that number made my heart break. By the time my daughter was 4 months old I was already down to 230 without any dieting. So all of these extremes have started to make me think, as well as the insane hormonal issues I've always had... until I saw a documentary. FatHead. That sparked an interest in carbs and knowing what in the hell I am putting into my body... lets put this out there I am a carb-a-holic. I LOVE carbs... in fact I have been on and off vegetarian and vegan my whole life because I have an aversion to meat but love love LOVE my carbs. The premise of Fat Head was that he ate 500cals less than his resting caloric expenditure and less than 100 carbs a day. This is what I am planning on doing. So far I am on day two and we shall see how it goes. I will keep a diary somewhere else as this is just a hello.

So here are my stats...
25yr female
268lbs
53% body fat
50" waist
56" hips

Goals
20% body fat or less -- edit: 30% or less
who cares what the scale says
38" or less waist
48" or less hips

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    just a quick fyi on your goals... 20% is the body fat goal for athletes. It's very difficult for women to attain. Just keep in mind that if you aren't planning on turning yourself in to an athlete a body fat % of 25 is a more realistic goal
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oops, you are SO right!! LOL I was off by about 10% there... ok so my goal is 30% or less. I was going by memory. :laugh: