filling lunches

Options
I usually pack a lunch everyday for work, either I eat a sandwhich or a frozen dinner. I dont have a microwave or oven to heat anything up, so what are some good and filling ideas that I could bring for lunch?

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I usually pack a lunch everyday for work, either I eat a sandwhich or a frozen dinner. I dont have a microwave or oven to heat anything up, so what are some good and filling ideas that I could bring for lunch?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    a pita wrap, fresh salad with chicken, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, veggies and dip, soup in a thermos
  • CMartin6706
    Options
    Bring something light and then add fruit and a protein shake (bc you should be lifting). I have a homemake protein shake almost every morning which is nice, very filling and easy to drink/eat. (A little less then a glass of milk, 1 scoop of Body Fortress Choc. protein mix, 2tb peanut butter and 1 packet of Instant Breakfast in a blender. I bring it in a juice container for drinking on the go.) I then have something really small about three hours later such as a granola bar (low calorie) and for lunch I either have a sandwich, leftovers or have taken to having Chef B. single servings. I complement that (which satisfies my taste buds) with fruit (often a raw apple with the skin), fruit in jell-o cup and maybe a fat-free yogurt which I usually don't need. Fruit is usually low calorie, super food especially berries, which are in season!
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like whole wheat burritos, and use them to wrap just about any sort of filling. It's a great way to use up leftovers and get some extra fiber in my diet.

Some things do taste better warmed up, but others are just fine cold/room temp.