Anyone sell insurance? Home/auto?

Options
smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
Does Anyone sell insurance? Home/auto? Work for a large insurance company?
If so - do you like your job?
Do you get paid commision? Straing hourly?

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Wrong venue honey.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am an insurance Agent. I don't mind my job most days. I work alone and that can be rough. Its hard sometimes to deal with people who seem to think that you are the reason their rates suck. I know the owner of the agency gets commision but I work hourly and I get paid crap.. lol
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Wrong venue honey.
    What does that mean?
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Does Anyone sell insurance? Home/auto? Work for a large insurance company?
    If so - do you like your job?
    Do you get paid commision? Straing hourly?

I'm a financial advisor and so I work in the insurance industry too, though not on the P&C side. I am a straight commission guy but the company does have a very good retirement plan. If you are thinking about getting into the insurance world, just know what you are getting in to. It's tough, but can be very rewarding financially if you work your tail off and do well.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I work for a large insurance company but I don't sell, I'm an analyst. I like my job most of the time.
    I wouldn't want to be on the phones selling or servicing, the hours suck and the people are mean. The employees who sell here don't make commission, they're paid hourly.
  • NikiMartin
    Options
    Wrong venue honey.
    What does that mean?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I do. Big company? Yes. Salary + commission? Yes. Do I like it? Mixed emotions. Due to recent changes and standards of sales set by said company. It's a good business to get into, but do your homework well regarding which company to work for.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Wrong venue honey.

Do you have a suggestion where I should post this? How about recipes - may the exercise forum?.....
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wrong venue honey.

Do you have a suggestion where I should post this? How about recipes - may the exercise forum?.....

I think she thought you were trying to sell something.
  • I_Bake_Cakes23
    Options
    I don't work for an insurance company but I do work for a company that offers insurance education. I don't think I can be much help other than putting that little tidbit out there!
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wrong venue honey.

LOL....Recipes.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I used to, but it was life/investments/long term care. Can be great, but you need to work REALLY hard. And it was straight commission with a bonus when you did earn the commission. It might be different with home/auto, but even after I made a sale, someone could be denied and there went my money. Do your research, especially into the training program, and that alone might help with your decision.
  • brian964
    brian964 Posts: 3
    Options
    In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: www.quotes-center.com