Vacation destinations

Options
dorktv
dorktv Posts: 30
So I am sitting here trying to figure out what to do for my birthday vacation and thought-I wonder what everyone else has done? So where have you gone? What place did you like the most? And if you could go anywhere in the world-where would you go?

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    hmmm

Where I have been -
    Venice twice, loved it. Food is great, gondola ride is a must
    Paris, three times GORGEOUS
    Rimini, lovely lots to see, great beaches
    San Marino, cute and gorgeous
    Morocco, Fabulous, interesting, vibrant
    Gibraltar, small but good to visit (maybe from Spain or Morocco)
    Egypt, its fabulous, just there recently, saw lots, did a Nile cruise and a hot air balloon over the valley of the kings, awesome
    Australia, I went to Adelaide and around and about, great place, great beaches, great people, great food. great wine!
    Spain, lovely, another beach place, lovely food, great people, lots to see
    Canada. (Toronto) loved it, my Husband is from there :o)
    US, we went to Florida each time, great for the kids, not exactly culture capitol of the world, more junk food than you can shake a stick at!
    Bahamas FABULOUS!
    London-Great city, SO much to see, great places to eat, lots to do
    Bath- Fabulous, so much history
    Wales-Beautiful
    Channel Islands-Very pretty and interesting, lovely food

My favourite holiday was my trip on the Orient Express to Venice via Paris, for my 40th Birthday. It's expensive, a once in a lifetime trip. But it was wonderful. The train is fabulous, the food to die for, the scenery stunning, the experience of waking up in the morning in Switzerland and traveling over the alps was brilliant, Venice is one of my favourite places, we stayed in a palace, with hand painted silk hung walls and a painted ornate ceiling, it was a time of pure luxury and I would recommend it to anyone!

Another Birthday present was a trip to Paris, that was wonderful too, we stayed in the sofitel Arc de Triomphe, a stunning hotel, a short walk from the Arc and the Champs Elysees. Food is lovely, but its wickedly expensive.

I also had a birthday in Tangiers, which was exotic and wonderful!

Where I would go if I could - EIther Galapagos Islands, Or Easter Island. Or maybe the thing I would love to do right now is to go on the Royal Scotsman tour of the UK, it looks fabulous but I don't have the money unless I win the lottery BIG TIME lol
  • wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    i cant afford vacations, i spend all my money on food :(
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Las Vegas, especially for a birthday.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I would like to go to
    - Scotland
    - Peru (Machu Picchu) and Ecuador (Galapagos)
    - Cambodia (Angkor Wat)
    - but IF I COULD GO ANYWHERE, I'd like to go to go look at that Seed Archive in Norway! :laugh: or the moon

I highly recommend:
    - Barcelona
    - Tulum
    - Tokyo + Kyoto
    - London + Bath (+ Avesbury)
    - Rome, Florence, Siena, Perugia, Venice, Verona. ( I did this on the cheap and it was really one of the best trips ever...)

Happy Early Birthday! Let us know where you plan to visit! :drinker: :wink:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Loopytoucan

Love Avebury, it's SO much better than Stonehenge! Did you visit Salisbury? I loved it :smile:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Loopytoucan

Love Avebury, it's SO much better than Stonehenge! Did you visit Salisbury? I loved it :smile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My pals and I were too cheap to pay the entrance fee at Stonehenge, so were lucky to just stumble upon Avesbury. Our photos look like album shots for 80s new wave bands!

Alas - I did NOT get to go to Salisbury. Dammit - now you got me thinking about steak + HUNGRYMAN dinners - LOL! :laugh: :wink:
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Las Vegas its fun been there only once too bad i was 17 couldn't do much ,well im just 19 now but come my 21st birthday partay! lol
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I go to Pennsylvania to visit family every three years. We take mini vacations to Anchorage, Homer and Seward. We also go on campin/hiking trips for mini-vacations.

Went to NYC for a day - loved it, would love to go again for more than one day.

We are planning a trip to Hawaii within the next year.
  • dorktv
    Options
    Las Vegas, especially for a birthday.

I was in Vegas three weeks ago. I spent all my money and came home. :)
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Australia - friendly people, loads of fun
    Egypt - great scuba diving
    Maldives - very relaxing and great scuba diving
    UK - loads of history and places to go
    Verbier - fun skiing

Happy early birthday btw! :drinker:
  • cohollywood
    Options
    As far as exotic places --

My husband and I honeymooned in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was relatively inexpensive (for an island getaway), beautiful, warm, tropical and lots of fun! We had a blast - I'd love to go back there sometime.

We just returned from a cruise on Carnival to the Western Carribean. We went to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and The Grand Caymans. That was a blast. I loved being able to visit the different islands. Cruising is a pretty cool way to see the world.
  • dorktv
    Options
    Australia - friendly people, loads of fun
    Egypt - great scuba diving
    Maldives - very relaxing and great scuba diving
    UK - loads of history and places to go
    Verbier - fun skiing

Happy early birthday btw! :drinker:

Thank you! I am very tempted to go to the UK actually. But I have a lot of other trips planned so...