New Recipes

Options
Has anyone tried any new healthy recipes? I need some ideas for lunches and dinner. It was to be something that Kids will like or at least eat.... lol

Replies

• techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any new healthy recipes? I need some ideas for lunches and dinner. It was to be something that Kids will like or at least eat.... lol
    I've been making these flat-out pizzas lately that TOTALLY take care of my pizza cravings. My toppings come in at around 321 calories, but you can vary it however you'd like. I get a lite sundried tomato Flat Out wrap (I buy them at the ngrocery store, Pulbix), bake at 350 for 7 minutes until a bit toasty. I pile on a bit of tomato sauce (not bunch, maybe 1/4c tops), low fat lunchmeat (chicken is yummy),a ton of veggies, some garlic powder and dried basil flakes. Finally top with 1/4-1/2c fat free mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is somewhat melted (fat free cheese doesn't exactly "melt", but you get the idea. Then I stuff my face with the entire pizza and it's divine!!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    make homemade pita pizza,they can put whatever they like on theirs and you can load yours up with veggies!
    Don't know if they would go for stir frys?
    Baked sweet potatos with chicken or fish?
  • Twhitmire
    Twhitmire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made a healthy pizza using Flatout Italian bread, Turkey pepperoni, Ragu pizza sauce and low skim mozzarella cheese. I based the bread with a 1tbl of olive oil, basil and sage seasoning and spread on bread first. You can add mushroom, broccoli, olives, tomatoes and spinach.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I do a daily cooking blog of just that, healthy recipes. I post the original recipes and any changes that I have made to make it better. My blog is at www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65

I am cooking Broccoli and Chicken Noodle soup, right now, and it will be going on my blog later this afternoon.
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I made Chicken breast in the crockpot with light terriyaki sauce, lots of fresh garlic, and lime juice and it was YUMMY!! Also I make Turkey Meatballs either by themselves or for wheat Spaghetti that have pureed onion, spinach and carrots in them. They also really good! :) You can make tacos with ground turkey, wheat tortillas and fat free refried beans. For my kids I just mix the meat and the beans and they never know the difference. :)
  • AQHAShowgirl
    AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Here's one of my all time favorites. Generous portions and freezes well:

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/updated-shepherds-pie-88411.aspx

I'm going to try making it with Veggie Ground Round for the first time tonight. :smile:
  • Tomsams
    Tomsams Posts: 1
    Options
    Look up the Cooking Light Chicken Piccata recipe. It's fairly simple and quick. Capers and lemon flavor give it a "zing" that some kids like. Mix with steamed green beens, asparagus or broccolli to round it out. Used to serve it with risotto w/ mushrooms, but realized that rice (which I love) packed too many calories.

ps, on the chicken breasts. Don't worry about pounding them flat, just cut horizontally, so you have a thin flat slice. I usually get two to three slices per chicken breast.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I like making shrimp with a little bit of jar alfredo sauce (Classico is very low calorie)...I do not add the pasta because I am eating low carb