Real calories burned...

Options
2»

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    How would I figure out what I wouldve burned without exercise? For example, for an hour... could I just divide my BMR by 24?

Close, it's not your BMR you are looking at though, it is your maintenance calories.
    How much you would burn in a normal day living your life as usual without a heavy workout session...

For example, my BMR is 1100-1200 and my maintenance is 1600 on a lazy day.

I use 1 cal per minute for the ease of it but mine is actually about 1.1.
    Most people are 1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3...around there...
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I am just curious, does your FitBit (is that a HRM) read close to what the machine says?

Not a HRM exactly but, similiar to the technology that Wii uses, it calculates your activity based on your steps & movement and then calculates calories burned as well (both with exercise as well as just everyday activities as it is designed to wear all day long). It also takes into account gender, age, weight & BMI.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am just curious, does your FitBit (is that a HRM) read close to what the machine says?

Not a HRM exactly but, similiar to the technology that Wii uses, it calculates your activity based on your steps & movement and then calculates calories burned as well (both with exercise as well as just everyday activities as it is designed to wear all day long). It also takes into account gender, age, weight & BMI.

Cool! I hadn't heard of those.