I NEED HELP!!!

Options
Ok.. so I have been on here since about april... I was doing really well. BUT now I am doing bad.. Gaing back everything i have worked so hard for... this is my dilema.

I can not eat what I want. I can in moderation but it puts me in a bad place.... I feel guilty telling my bf that I am hungary every 3 hrs.. This is what Happens when i eat right. I need to eat often.. THEN I feel even more guilty when we go out to familys homes or even just out... I hate spending money eating out every three hours when we are out and about, I hate being the "PICKEY EATER AND UNGREATFUL ONE" I hate that people don't understand how hard it is... I have had this problem my whole life... BUT its getting harder.. I am turning 30 in less than two months.. and Its getting harder and harder to loose.. now I have these dilemas that just make me so unhappy.. My bf LOVES ME FOR ME.. and dont say anything bad but I know I am whiney when I get hungry. I mean what am I supposed to do... Any suggestions... and thanks for listening... What do I say at peoples houses so im not rude or prissy i guess you could say so I can be polite and eat what I need to or just not eat while there.... also.... THANKS A MILLION

steph :bigsmile:

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ok.. so I have been on here since about april... I was doing really well. BUT now I am doing bad.. Gaing back everything i have worked so hard for... this is my dilema.

I can not eat what I want. I can in moderation but it puts me in a bad place.... I feel guilty telling my bf that I am hungary every 3 hrs.. This is what Happens when i eat right. I need to eat often.. THEN I feel even more guilty when we go out to familys homes or even just out... I hate spending money eating out every three hours when we are out and about, I hate being the "PICKEY EATER AND UNGREATFUL ONE" I hate that people don't understand how hard it is... I have had this problem my whole life... BUT its getting harder.. I am turning 30 in less than two months.. and Its getting harder and harder to loose.. now I have these dilemas that just make me so unhappy.. My bf LOVES ME FOR ME.. and dont say anything bad but I know I am whiney when I get hungry. I mean what am I supposed to do... Any suggestions... and thanks for listening... What do I say at peoples houses so im not rude or prissy i guess you could say so I can be polite and eat what I need to or just not eat while there.... also.... THANKS A MILLION

steph :bigsmile:
  • CMartin6706
    Options
    Carry carrot sticks with you. Fill-up on protein rich foods and berries of all kinds. Fruit and veggies are going to be your keys. Have you ever tried drinking two glasses of water before you eat? You get your water in that way plus you fill-up before you eat. Protein is really going to help though since it stays in the stomach the longest. Are you lifting too? You have to...it's a must. Try bagging a few of your favorite treats/items in small portions. Label them and allow yourself one a day. It could take you all day to eat at bag, but you only get one and it has to be a small portion. Starving yourself isn't going to work. Hang in there though.

- L
  • spaul82478
    Options
    OH i eat.. I love to eat fruits and veggies and I eat an excessive amount of protein.. lots of water and I now walk to work.. BUT my biggest problems fall when we go places that make or order food., which is every weekend. we can be out and about for hours... thanks for listening :bigsmile:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Bring healthy snacks with you. This will help you save money as well. You can get those little picnic coolers that you could throw in the backseat of your car or where ever. One of my favorite things to do is have a picnic and there are so many easy, healthy foods that you can make! Summer rocks for fresh vegetables, fruits, etc. Farmers markets are really great places to load up on these kinds of things.

I find that the first couple of weeks of any kind of diet change are the roughest. You think of food all of the time and you have withdrawals from caffeine, sugars, etc. and crazy mood swings! Its like anything you give up, you have to get over that initial craving period. You need to give your body sometime to adjust. you will feel so much better soon, trust me! Your body will rid itself from certain toxins and you will start having more energy and just feeling clearer overall!

Just relax, have a bath, go for a walk, read a book...
  • School19
    School19 Posts: 3
    Options
    You may want to consider reading about the techniques designed by Paul McKenna. Possibly it would be a better program for you. www.mckenna.com
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm research or keeping snacks on you or in the car.
  • School19
    School19 Posts: 3
    Options
    Not research. Just brainstorming for someone in need.
  • spaul82478
    Options
    Hmmmm research or keeping snacks on you or in the car.
    Yeah... really... thanks chubbybunny... I love this site and I do well.. I just hate people telling me that YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER... you look fine blah blah
  • faithloveandhope
    Options
    I know what you mean. It takes a lot of mental planning ahead of time on what exactly you will do and order when out in a restaurant. All the other not so good and healthy foods look and smell sooo good that it is really easy to say, oh well, just this time. Try to think of it being a permanent life time change and become creative on how you order...light dressings on the side (so you still won't use so much...I sometimes dilute with straws full of water...switch it up with vinegarette, light on the oil), going green or colorful with the veggie choices, or ask for the to go box to be brought when your food comes ...and then immediately put half in the box so it's not so tempting to eat the restaurant's over sized portions. All stuff you've probably heard...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...YOU can do it!!
  • spaul82478
    Options
    I know what you mean. It takes a lot of mental planning ahead of time on what exactly you will do and order when out in a restaurant. All the other not so good and healthy foods look and smell sooo good that it is really easy to say, oh well, just this time. Try to think of it being a permanent life time change and become creative on how you order...light dressings on the side (so you still won't use so much...I sometimes dilute with straws full of water...switch it up with vinegarette, light on the oil), going green or colorful with the veggie choices, or ask for the to go box to be brought when your food comes ...and then immediately put half in the box so it's not so tempting to eat the restaurant's over sized portions. All stuff you've probably heard...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...YOU can do it!!
    Thanks.... It has been a hard couple of weeks.. TOMORROW is a new week... Thanks for the encouragement.... I REALLY NEEDED IT :bigsmile:
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pack Snacks: Apples, Fiber One Bars, Quaker Mini delights, pretzels, keep a baggie of carrots, drink a coke zero while your out, oranges, trail mix, pistachios. Oh and the good thing is alot of these you can keep in your car so that way they are there when you need something .

This is what works for me, cause I get the same way, it also helps me from not pulling over to the first fast food resturant I see and ordering double beefy cheesy with fried whatever I see
  • spaul82478
    Options
    Pack Snacks: Apples, Fiber One Bars, Quaker Mini delights, pretzels, keep a baggie of carrots, drink a coke zero while your out, oranges, trail mix, pistachios.

This is what works for me, cause I get the same way, it also helps me from not pulling over to the first fast food resturant I see and ordering double beefy cheesy with fried whatever I see
    Thanks... :bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Oh hun...I can't eat whatever I want...it turns into a month long binge!

I keep snacks in my car, in my purse, around the house.

If you know you are going to a certain place to eat...do a little research (cause it DOES help and makes you aware of what calories are in foods). Now not everywhere has nutrition stuff on their website but you can get ideas.

It is a lot of work but if we just let ourselves go....well....that's how we got here...:laugh:
  • spaul82478
    Options
    Oh hun...I can't eat whatever I want...it turns into a month long binge!

I keep snacks in my car, in my purse, around the house.

If you know you are going to a certain place to eat...do a little research (cause it DOES help and makes you aware of what calories are in foods). Now not everywhere has nutrition stuff on their website but you can get ideas.

It is a lot of work but if we just let ourselves go....well....that's how we got here...:laugh:
    Ya I know.. ITS harder when I am at peoples home... resturaunts Im not to bad at cuz i normally eat what i know is safe.. but Pizza, brats, anything people make I CANT EAT.... it sucks..... I acutally made people uncomfortable at places cuz i asked for "SPEICAL ORDERS" at resturaunts and at there house I said Im SORRY i just cant eat it... but they dont get it...... I feel your month long binge.. its been 2 weeks now.. and I just cant stop... UGH..... trying hard really...:bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    It takes a lot to stop one, but we gotta remember why we are on this site. It's typically not for someone else. It's for us and so we feel better about who we are.

You know what...make them feel uncomfortable. It's your right. Ask to bring food to someones house, that way you know you have at least one thing you can eat.

My mom is a diabetic and struggled all her life with weight. Over the last few years with her controling it by diet I am so impressed and proud of her cause she will turn down stuff she can't eat or she know's will make her sick or send her into a binge. She has more willpower then me....Dang if I don't keep chocolate in my freezer!

You can do this. Take baby steps and be prepared.
  • spaul82478
    Options
    It takes a lot to stop one, but we gotta remember why we are on this site. It's typically not for someone else. It's for us and so we feel better about who we are.

You know what...make them feel uncomfortable. It's your right. Ask to bring food to someones house, that way you know you have at least one thing you can eat.

My mom is a diabetic and struggled all her life with weight. Over the last few years with her controling it by diet I am so impressed and proud of her cause she will turn down stuff she can't eat or she know's will make her sick or send her into a binge. She has more willpower then me....Dang if I don't keep chocolate in my freezer!

You can do this. Take baby steps and be prepared.
    I guess I will just have to do what I was doing and not care what they say.. I just hate meeting new people (my bf family) and sounding like a b***h ya know.... but I guess Only I can do it and no one else can.... I will have to keep snacks with me, drink H2O at places and Make sandwiches when we go to others houses.... I KNOW i can do it its just hard..... and I needed to know IT was ok to be pickey...:bigsmile: THANKS
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Oh hun...I'm always one of those (B$@%&)....it's a curse.

You aren't being picky per say....you are taking control of your health via food choices. You are choosing to be educated and....selective.

I also have found that I feel soooo much better when I drink water, especially when I am out to dinner. Even if I go over with my meal the water seems to help. I only drink my water cold so I keep a few bottles and a water filter jug in the fridge.
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine to make people uncomfortable with choosing to eat what you want.

Does you BF's family know that you are trying to lose weight? If so they should be considerate and try to make an effort to provide you with other options at meals or at least understand when you bring your own. I chose to give up meat several years ago and it made it very awkward with my family for a while. But now my Mom calls me and arranges what food we are going to be eating, so that I am comfortable with our meal.

And I know that the average person doesn't like to be reminded that their own diet is generally terrible. So some of their discomfort is from you reminding them of what they should be doing themselves.

Keep up the fight. I know that I have just joined here, but I have also been fighting my weight for my whole life. This year I am determined that I will finally get myself to a healthy weight.

I know that you can do it too.
  • spaul82478
    Options
    It's perfectly fine to make people uncomfortable with choosing to eat what you want.

Does you BF's family know that you are trying to lose weight? If so they should be considerate and try to make an effort to provide you with other options at meals or at least understand when you bring your own. I chose to give up meat several years ago and it made it very awkward with my family for a while. But now my Mom calls me and arranges what food we are going to be eating, so that I am comfortable with our meal.

And I know that the average person doesn't like to be reminded that their own diet is generally terrible. So some of their discomfort is from you reminding them of what they should be doing themselves.

Keep up the fight. I know that I have just joined here, but I have also been fighting my weight for my whole life. This year I am determined that I will finally get myself to a healthy weight.

I know that you can do it too.
    Thanks.... Its hard with other peoples familys.. my mom will do what ever i ask..so... but yeah the people that have the issues are the ones struggling themselves.... so.... THANKS AGAIN:bigsmile:
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    GUM!! i find gum helps me ALOT when i am working an i get hungry between meals.

Trident splash- watermelon & lime!!

YUM!!:tongue: