I'm losing it!

Options
Hey everyone,

I am losing my motivation! I found myself not working out for two days and not eating as I usually do. I know it's stress (I'm a graduate student) and am looking for that kick in the pants! Nicely of course. :)

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    This is for you:

kick-in-butt.jpg

:)
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    that happened to me last week... i didn't work out for 4 days in a row. On monday I made myself walk (even though I didn't feel like it) and now I'm back in the groove. I think if you make yourself do it you'll feel better then want to do it! :smile:
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you will feel better if you do. Some days its hard for me to get up out of bed at the ungodly hour of 6am to go to the gym, but I just tell myself that I want to be the sexiest, hottest girl by the pool this summer. Set a goal, and get to it!
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Mystic, I really felt tired after making dinner last night and didn't feel like exercising, but once I started I felt more energetic, it was fun, and over before I knew it. No one is perfect, and I am just starting to get serious myself, but I have a few key suggestions.
    - try to find a workout you really enjoy and fits into your schedule
    - if you don't have time have a back-up workout that is short and sweet
    - Planning is key, it's easier not to exercise or just eat anything that is fast if you don't have some type of plan for the day

Hope this help
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    On days that I'm REALLY unmotivated to work out I tell myself that I will do it for 15 min and then I can stop. I find that by the time I've gotten to the 15 min mark I feel like keeping on with it for the full 45 min that I usually do. Seems like a silly mind trick but it almost always works.
  • MzStephanieO
    Options
    you can do it, even when you don't feel like it. YOU CAN DO IT! I went thru this on last week. I just worked through it. It was hard, very hard. I got on the trendmill, I felt like I was on sleep speed. I did kept going until I build it up to "I just woke up speed". I went on and on until eventually I finished my exercise hour for that day. I did not burn all the calories i wanted but I did something. I felt better atferwards and I was proud of myself for taking a stand against what was the norm. fo so many years... if you fall just get back up and keep going... You can Do it MysticQueen!
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My motivation lately has been finding some great workout music - something with a fast beat to keep me going. Gets me in the mood to exercise... that and watching old episodes of biggest loser. :-P

Just remember too, you WILL have days like this... sometimes a week at a time... but that doesn't mean you can pick yourself back up and start again. If you happen to have a day where you stand still... just make sure to not go backwards. Ya know what I mean?