Thoughts, Encouragement, Ideas and blogging

Options
Hello,
My name is Landon. I just wanted to pass on some of my thought and ideas. I figured I could start a blog, but I doubt anyone would actually read it on here. This posting (and any that follow )are just my thoughts and ideas to help anyone who might need the extra nudge. ;0)

- Recently I have taken to doing intervals at my gym. I do 2X2s on the bike. 2mins really hard and then 2mins just somewhat hard, but still working it. This, of course, is after I lift. Did you know that you burn more calories when you do intervals? And that it's better to lift (even a little) before you do cardo so you have the chance to use as much of your energy building those calorie burning muscle as possible? If you only have a sidewalk at your disposal try this: Walk as fast a you can swinging your arms as you go for two mins (or one if it's better for you, no more, no less) and then slow the pace a little for just two mins (No more, no less! Come on you can do it!) Then again with two mins as fast as you can. (Just don't hurt yourself) and back down. (Relax and breathe) You should be walking at a pretty good pace the whole time and just faster on the twos. Do this for the first 10mins and then walk at your slower two mins the rest of your walk (20mins).

- Repeat after me....muscle burns more calories....muscle burns more calories....muscle burns more calories....muscle is your exercise without moving. Wow, just think more muscle = more calories burned while watching tv or sleeping! How do you build muscle? Lift your kids twice as much....just for kicks....they'll love it....assuming they aren't ten. ;) Lifting at your gym, of course, 2 sets of 10reps. You should be nearly dead on the last one. (You can push the last one out though!) Hand weights at home, bottles of water, books, sandbags....once I had to hold a bucket of water for punishment (or maybe it was something my Dad cooked up) Ever try holding something sorta heavy straight out for a while? Do it and time yourself....do it until you cry....okay, maybe that's a little long. Then hold them out to your sides, shoulder height and then above your head....no rest on your head though...that's cheating!

You can do this....with the right mindset, right people helping and the right knowledge.

Just keep swimming.

- L

Replies

• CMartin6706
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Landon. I just wanted to pass on some of my thought and ideas. I figured I could start a blog, but I doubt anyone would actually read it on here. This posting (and any that follow )are just my thoughts and ideas to help anyone who might need the extra nudge. ;0)

- Recently I have taken to doing intervals at my gym. I do 2X2s on the bike. 2mins really hard and then 2mins just somewhat hard, but still working it. This, of course, is after I lift. Did you know that you burn more calories when you do intervals? And that it's better to lift (even a little) before you do cardo so you have the chance to use as much of your energy building those calorie burning muscle as possible? If you only have a sidewalk at your disposal try this: Walk as fast a you can swinging your arms as you go for two mins (or one if it's better for you, no more, no less) and then slow the pace a little for just two mins (No more, no less! Come on you can do it!) Then again with two mins as fast as you can. (Just don't hurt yourself) and back down. (Relax and breathe) You should be walking at a pretty good pace the whole time and just faster on the twos. Do this for the first 10mins and then walk at your slower two mins the rest of your walk (20mins).

- Repeat after me....muscle burns more calories....muscle burns more calories....muscle burns more calories....muscle is your exercise without moving. Wow, just think more muscle = more calories burned while watching tv or sleeping! How do you build muscle? Lift your kids twice as much....just for kicks....they'll love it....assuming they aren't ten. ;) Lifting at your gym, of course, 2 sets of 10reps. You should be nearly dead on the last one. (You can push the last one out though!) Hand weights at home, bottles of water, books, sandbags....once I had to hold a bucket of water for punishment (or maybe it was something my Dad cooked up) Ever try holding something sorta heavy straight out for a while? Do it and time yourself....do it until you cry....okay, maybe that's a little long. Then hold them out to your sides, shoulder height and then above your head....no rest on your head though...that's cheating!

You can do this....with the right mindset, right people helping and the right knowledge.

Just keep swimming.

- L
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Thanks Landon! As you hang out on MFP, you'll find a lot of like-minded people who appreciate the reminders re: the importance of exercise!