Cardio Specification

Options
When I exercise I walk and push a stroller. Just wondering when I record it do I put just stroller pushing or walking or both? Thanks:happy:

Replies

• steph925
    steph925 Posts: 4
    Options
    When I exercise I walk and push a stroller. Just wondering when I record it do I put just stroller pushing or walking or both? Thanks:happy:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    thats a toughie...

the fact that your arms are elevated does somewhat affect your heart rate, which is what determines calories burned.

the only true way to know for sure, is to have a heart rate monitor that tells you.

i believe that it would be a few more calories than just plain ol walking, but im not sure how many more... I think entering pushing a stroller should do it.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sparkles is right. I was pushing my daughter in the stroller (about 40lbs at the time) when I went jogging. I finally got a HRM and the difference between going solo and taking her along was AMAZING!! Waaay more calories pushing the stroller-especially up hills!

I would recommend a HRM if you can afford one. A basic one is around 50-60 bucks and is well worth the money!