Fat free ranch...

Options
Anybody have any ideas on which fat free (and low cal) ranch tastes the best? I'm wanting to make a salad to go along with some pizza, and I just refuse to eat plan lettuce. Lol. I've tried Hidden Valley fat free, and I think it's absolutely disgusting. Suggestions please!

Replies

• mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help, but I absolutely HATE FF Ranch. Kraft would probably be the best, but I just put less of the real stuff on and call it a done deal. :S
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Kraft Calorie Wise Creamy Cucumber is quite good. not ranch - but very close.

Rene's Gourmet - makes a Red Pepper dressing - really good. natural too (I think) and low in cals.

hard to find good dressings that are low in cals.
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't like the fat free AT ALL, but I do like Hidden Valley Light Ranch.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Kroger Fat Free Ranch is pretty good. Same sodium problem as with most bottled dressings, though.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Here's trick... you can take low fat or regular ranch and dilute it with fat free milk. Covers most of the salad with the ranch flavor without the full ranch fat punch.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    trader joes low fat parmesan ranch!!! i freaking love it!! best tasting. 35 cal per serving. youll be hooked. like i am and im VERY picky about lite dressings.
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Naturally Fresh lite ranch dressing, orange label, in the produce (refrigerated) section. It's YUM-MY.
  • alandry1203
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ranch. I REFUSE to eat fat free...they are all gross. I have come up with my own concoction for a ranch dressing. I buy a tub of fat free sour cream and a packet of hidden valley ranch dip. Mix in the dip to sour cream. If I want to use it for ‘dressing’ I just take out what I want to use and dilute it with a little milk to get the consistency I want. Hardly ANY calories and it tastes GREAT!
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If I had to eat FF ranch I would do without :( It's gross.
  • alandry1203
    Options
    If I had to eat FF ranch I would do without :( It's gross.

i agree!!!!!!
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I buy great value brand from Wal-Mart, buttermilk ranch light. It's half the calories of regular ranch, and honestly, I can't tell that much of a difference in taste. Only a tiny bit, but it's not nasty at all, it's quite good. :)
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    KRAFT FF Ranch is the best!! I like it better than the regular...
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Kraft Light Ranch. Not too bad in the calories department. The flavor is pretty good, as well. My experience has led me to discard any Fat Free version, since the oils give the dressing some of it's palatability. Of course, others may disagree.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have not found one yet either, bit I love Hidden Valley Light Ranch.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    This is my recipe for a light salad dressing (not ranch but still tasty)

1 tbs light mayo or miracle whip (I prefer miracle whip)

add milk until its the consistancy of dressing

add salt and pepper and lime/lemon juice to taste.

Its more of a coleslaw dressing but super low cal and SUPER TASTY!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Fat free hidden valley ranch is gross, but the light stuff isnt that bad. Thats what I use :smile:
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogart with the powdered Hidden Valley ranch mix and add a little milk to thin it out. Very tasty and SUPER low in calories!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My favorite is from Trader Joe's - the low fat Parmesan Ranch. It's fantastic!
  • shiggity
    shiggity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogart with the powdered Hidden Valley ranch mix and add a little milk to thin it out. Very tasty and SUPER low in calories!

That's genius!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I say make your own dressing, this site has some great low fat dressing ideas: http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/sauces_dressings/saucesanddressingsindex.htm