Fish Oil..YES or NO?

Options
I have high BP and I want to reduce my risk of stroke and heart attack. I do take bp meds and i am hoping diet and excercise will help me get off them BUT I have read a TON about fish oil and is "possible" health benefits. What do you all think? I know when I took it before it did help my memory and relieve some of my arthritis pain in my knees but what about the heart benefit???

Replies

• Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I take 2000mg of fish oil per day and I have really felt a difference, it's been 7 weeks now and I really think that it has helped improve my overall health & well being as well as aiding in my weight loss efforts as well. I read that it also really helps aid in treatment of heart diseases, high cholesterol, depression, anxiety, AHDH, low immunity, cancer, diabetes, inflammation, arthritis, IBD, AIDS, Alzheimer’s disease, eye disorders, macular degeneration and ulcers. It also helps in weight loss, pregnancy, fertility and skin care (particular for disorders such as psoriasis, acne).

Check out this link on the health benefits for women:

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-animal-products/organic-fish/health-benefits-of-fish-oil.html

Hope that helps!

Rayna