Weighing In

Options
Experts say that you should weigh yourself once a week, in the morning, after you go to the bathroom. I usually weigh in on Mondays, but I'm having trouble with my scales. My parents have one, I have one, and my boyfriend has one. Depending on where I am on Mondays, I weigh in accordingly. The problem is, all the scales say a different weight. This can be very misleading and sometimes discouraging. I know most people will respond and tell me to just weigh in on the same scale every week, but my question is, how do I know which one is displaying the correct weight? Any suggestions on which scales are the most accurate?

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

Replies

• lisajtxoxo
    Options
    Experts say that you should weigh yourself once a week, in the morning, after you go to the bathroom. I usually weigh in on Mondays, but I'm having trouble with my scales. My parents have one, I have one, and my boyfriend has one. Depending on where I am on Mondays, I weigh in accordingly. The problem is, all the scales say a different weight. This can be very misleading and sometimes discouraging. I know most people will respond and tell me to just weigh in on the same scale every week, but my question is, how do I know which one is displaying the correct weight? Any suggestions on which scales are the most accurate?

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    it depends i mean what kind of scales are they? the most accurate scales are hospital scales, but i have a cheap scale thats nondigital you know one of those ones that look like a clock and it weighs pretty accurate, but if you are weighin yourself on one of those then you should check and make sure that the needle is on zero and if not then adjust it, but with a digital scale i dont know how to adjust it. i know my friend had one of those expensive digital scales that tell you everything like how much fat you have and water and stuff like that but like a peice fell off of it and it didnt work accurately. i would ask who ever the scale belongs to to adjust it for you casue most likely its off.
  • soretooth1
    Options
    It really shouldn't matter which one is correct as long as you use it consistently. You will still be able to track how much weight loss you have on any. When you do see the doctor you can see what the actual weight is. I use the scale at my work place it is calibrated regularly and you can zero it out before each time you use it.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you have a 5 pound weight or what ever you can place on your scale to verify the accuracy.