IBS (D)

Options
does anyone else on here suffer from IBS (D) . I suffer from it really bad at times and i was wondering how it affects everybody else? Also what do you take for it, does anyone else find they could be hungry a day or so after having the diarrhea from it? I would appreciate any info or advice anyone has to offer!! Also i get bloated and seem to put weight on even when i have been good, gets so frustrating at times!! :(

Replies

• claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've suffered from it for years. What really helped me (like life changing help) was when I started taking a super duper strong probiotic. Not the kind you buy on the shelf at the drugstore but the kind that has to be refrigerated. This is the one I started taking http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/probiotics_hi-bowel_en.htm. It's not cheap but they really helped. The other thing I did was take a blood test for food allergies. It turns out that I am allergic to a bunch of fruits and veggies and all dairy and yeast....so i stopped eating all the foods that triggered problems and it helped to. My stomach used to be bloated so bad i looked pregnant but now it's gone way down and I rarely feel bloated. I also take super strong digestive enzymes when I eat bigger meals.

Do you know what triggers your D?
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying claire!! I will look at the link, i would do anything at the moment to help me, the doctor has never suggested a blood test but maybe i should mention it to him next time i am down there....I havent a clue what triggers it really, it just seems to be different things each time??!!
  • claire_b79
    Options
    My doctor didn't suggest anything either. When I had my last colonoscopy they said to eat more fiber which I eat a ton of! So then i went to a naturopath and she has been helping me. The blood test is expensive though so for me it was kind of a last ditch effort.

This book also helped me a lot....http://www.amazon.ca/Why-Doesnt-Doctor-Know-This/dp/160037316X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300370745&sr=8-1
  • rachgleeson
    Options
    do you suffer with constipation or diarrhea (sorry for asking this) ? i suffer with the diarrhea side of it alot, sometimes then go the other way :( so annoying at times. Luckily here i dont think i would have to pay for the blood test, so it might be worth looking in to!
  • claire_b79
    Options
    I'm exactly the same way. Mine is mostly the D though. Sometimes I will have a really bad bought of the D and then it's like my intestines go on strike and the next few days I don't go at all. I think it's the super strong pro-biotics that have helped me the most though. They are a godsend!
  • rachgleeson
    Options
    I am going to have to give the pro-biotics a shot i think, although have recently been drinking pepper mint tea which is supposed to be good for IBS