New Challenge - 30 Days to a Better You!

Hi All! My name is Julianne and I'm starting a 30 Days to a Better You Challenge. If you're interested, please join in and we can motivate and support each other as we work to reach our goals. Each day will feature a different set of challenges, including:

1) An active challenge - to get us moving more in our daily life
2) An exercise challenge - cardio or strength
3) A flexibility challenge - stretching/yoga/pilates
4) A nutrition challenge - food journal & concentrate on a certain aspect of our diets
5) A mindy/body challenge - to reflect on our journey

My main goal is to complete each daily challenge, and hope to lose 8 pounds in the process.

The Day One Challenge for Monday, July 14th is:

1) Active Challenge - try to spend 15 minutes walking up stairs or hill climbing
2) Exercise Challenge - 30 minutes of high intensity cardio
3) Flexibility Challenge - Stretch for 5 minutes after your cardio workout
4) Nutrition Challenge - food journal & eat at least one serving of veggies with each meal
5) Mind/Body Challenge - one minute meditation. Find a quiet place, close your eyes and focus on
deep breathing.

Good luck! - Julianne :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jawalsh1
    jawalsh1 Posts: 24
    Hi All! My name is Julianne and I'm starting a 30 Days to a Better You Challenge. If you're interested, please join in and we can motivate and support each other as we work to reach our goals. Each day will feature a different set of challenges, including:

1) An active challenge - to get us moving more in our daily life
    2) An exercise challenge - cardio or strength
    3) A flexibility challenge - stretching/yoga/pilates
    4) A nutrition challenge - food journal & concentrate on a certain aspect of our diets
    5) A mindy/body challenge - to reflect on our journey

My main goal is to complete each daily challenge, and hope to lose 8 pounds in the process.

The Day One Challenge for Monday, July 14th is:

1) Active Challenge - try to spend 15 minutes walking up stairs or hill climbing
    2) Exercise Challenge - 30 minutes of high intensity cardio
    3) Flexibility Challenge - Stretch for 5 minutes after your cardio workout
    4) Nutrition Challenge - food journal & eat at least one serving of veggies with each meal
    5) Mind/Body Challenge - one minute meditation. Find a quiet place, close your eyes and focus on
    deep breathing.

Good luck! - Julianne :flowerforyou:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    i am definitely in but i'm going to need the night to think of my goals! i'll check in tomorrow!
  • jawalsh1
    Hi Chelsey! Welcome to the 30 day challenge! I'll try to post the following day's challenges by 6 pm each night so we can plan ahead. If you'd like to substitute your own challenges for any of the ones in the program, feel free!

-Julianne :flowerforyou:
  • jawalsh1
    The Day Two Challenge for Tuesday, July 15th is:

1) Active Challenge - park in the furthest space from the door each time you go somewhere today
    2) Exercise Challenge - spend 10 minutes working your abs
    3) Flexibility Challenge - at least 5 reps of 4 beginners yoga poses
    4) Nutrition Challenge - food journal & eat one meal or snack with no distractions - no TV, reading, or
    computers
    5) Mind/Body Challenge - take 5 minutes to clear your mind of all worries. Write them down, and then
    forget about them.
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    I am sooo in on this one! Keep bumping this up so we can keep going back to it! Thanks for thinking of this!
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    I would like to join in! I am totally have a hard time with the exercising, My in-laws are here till the 1st so I have no where to really exercise so its hard but I am dying without my exercises. I am going to try my hardest. Have a great day everyone!
  • jawalsh1
    Hi Everyone and welcome to the challenge! Sorry I'm late posting the challenges for today. Here's they are:

The Challenge for Day Three, July 16th:

1) Take a minute every hour at work to get up and stretch/move.
    2) 20 minutes of strength training
    3) 5-10 minutes of stretching
    4) Research one food item you eat often and try to find a healthier alternative.
    5) 3 minute total relaxation

As always, feel free to substitute any of your own goals if there's something specific you'd like to work on. I've been doing great so far, but know this weekend will be hard. I just have to get my exercise in early so I have the rest of the day for fun!

If you're having a hard time getting exercise in, walking is a great thing to do and it will get you out of the house if you need a break from your inlaws!
    - Julianne:flowerforyou:
  • jawalsh1
    How did everyone's day go? I just finished working out and feel great. I have to remember that feeling each time I don't want to exercise. It's worth it in the end! I've been doing a Firm dvd that incorporates each day's exercise challenge. Has anyone tried any of the Firm workouts? I really love them!

Here are the Day Four Challenges for Thursday, July 17:

1) Accumulate 10 extra minutes of walking today. Some ideas - take a lap around the office or pace while
    on the phone.
    2) 30-45 minutes of cardio
    3) Stretch for 5 minutes after your cardio workout
    4) If going out to eat, check out the menu and nutritional info online before you go and choose a healthy
    meal.
    5) 2 minute mediation. Focus on releasing the tension in your face, neck and shoulders.