Is my cardio trainer app on my phone correct??

Options
I've been walking at a park after work but I can't tell how far I'm walking. I had a pedometer before but it just counted a step if you looked at it it was so sensitive. So I looked up apps on my phone and found one called cardio trainer. I used it for the first time today but I'm not sure if it's correct?? I can walk 1 mile on a tradmill with warm up & cool down in 20 minutes. My app said I went 1.4 miles in 18 minutes with a pace of 11:17. Does this sound right to anyone? Just want to make sure I'm counting my exercise correctly.

Replies

• akaTheQueen
    Options
    I just started using the same app this week and was kind of wondering the same thing. The distance and time seems correc to me, but I am not sure about the pace and the calories burned.

It seems that it tracks my pace kind of high compared to what I do on the treadmill, but I have read that we usually walk faster naturally when not on the treadmill. . .
  • bigmang
    bigmang Posts: 27
    Options
    There seems to be a certain amount of inaccuracy, me & my running partner use the same running app, run together & get different distance, pace etc... Ours uses GPS so I suppose it's down to how accurate that is?