I upped my calories but.....

Options
Please! I need at least one success story. I upped my calories from 1300 to 1650 for the next 5 days and I am a nervous reck. I'm so afraid of gaining the weight back. Anyone have any positive feedback on this?

Replies

• turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Please! I need at least one success story. I upped my calories from 1300 to 1650 for the next 5 days and I am a nervous reck. I'm so afraid of gaining the weight back. Anyone have any positive feedback on this?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    why did you up them?
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    what is the reason for upping you calorie intake?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure your reason for upping your calories... but if you're consuming more than the amount of calories that you burn at rest... you need to be really hitting the gym to work them off. The key is to burn more than you consume. Good luck.
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    Were you worried about a slowing of your metabolism. I always try to eat a little over, because for the past few months I was eating under 1000 calories. I have heard it's supposed to work, but I suppose the scale will tell! Good luck!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Were you not eating your exercise cals?
  • EGARCIA
    EGARCIA Posts: 4
    Options
    you have to eat at least 1000 calories a day or your body goes into starvation mode, and holds on to everything you put into it! just keep the exercising up
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    I upped my calories because my personal trainer said it would rev my metabolism up and start my weight loss again. I was skeptical and looked it up online and it was suggested several places but I just haven't heard of any actual success stories....
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Here's a thread that was on here recently about that same thing.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/16414-upped-my-cals?hl=increased+calories#posts-153899

In fact, you posted in that very thread! You need to go back and reread it.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yes, the days you work out and burn a lot of calories, you should definitely eat more. I made that mistake before too!

That is the mistake a lot of people make. They lower their caloric intake to lose weight and then burn calories with exercise and then don't understand why they need to eat more. But when you stop and think about it for a minute...it makes sense. The fact that we are already lowering our calories we EAT to lose is enough! When you burn more and don't eat at least some back, then your body protests. If ALL we were doing was exercising to lose weight, then of course it would make NO sense to eat those back.

Good luck!
    -Tam
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    Let us know how you do, Turtle. I am interested, as I am thinking about doing the same thing myself.