whats the best tasting protein powder?

Options

Replies

• Depplover28
    Options
    I drink MRM Rich Vanilla Protein Whey. It's so much better than their German Chocolate one! The vanilla one is only 87 calories and 18g of protein per scoop. I also like to drink light chocolate Muscle Milk, which is 170 calories and around 20g of protein per bottle. I'm hooked to that stuff :]
  • sbchasin
    sbchasin Posts: 14
    Options
    My wife and I just got a sampler pack of Syntax's Nectar 100% whey protein. They taste really good so far. They are various flavors and provide 23-24mg of protein. Once you find the flavors you like you can order larger quantities.

You can get the sampler pack from http://www.bjsbariatrics.com
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    NOW sports dutch chocolate..its low cal and high protein..one scoop is 25 grams of protein for like 120 calories.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Syntrax nectar. The Fuzzy Navel variety in my case.
  • biellas
    biellas Posts: 39
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks for sharing everyone.
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    Thanks everyone! these all sound like great options. I also love the idea of blending in a banana or something. is 200-300 calories a good "after workout" meal? I guess I'm going to have to adjust the rest of my day so I don't go over.

A lot of people use it as their first meal of the day after a workout. Wake up, grab a water and start exercise. When finished make the shake. Then shower, dress, and get on with your day. The amount of protein is great for muscle recovery and the calories makes it big enough to be your first meal of the day. I'm a 268 lb male and that has been my first meal of the day for a week or more. Gives me 3 hours before I am ready for my next meal. Now in my case, I eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to keep the fire burning. I try to get 300+ every meal for calories. You may need 3-4, 300 calorie meals for your day to stay close to what you need.

Hope this is a help!

Matt

Yea i was thinking that....i think i can make that work. Do you eat anything before? like a carb for energy?

also...has anyone tried Nature's Best perfect zero carb ISOPURE? the vanilla has 200 cals and 50 grams of protein and no carbs or fat....wonder how it tastes

I drink the Isopure Zero Carb. I only mix with water so the Alpine Punch and Pineapple Orange taste good. The Dutch Chocolate and Vanilla were just okay. Cookies and Cream is really blahhh.(okay, it sucked. ha ha)

They really do help to keep the carbs down and the protein up.
  • maximusfitness
    Options
    I use six star whey elite after workout it has a good taste also the six star casein protein is good to drink before bed.
  • jwstew007
    jwstew007 Posts: 67
    Options
    Have to say that MuscleTech-Nitrotech Hardcore Pro Series - Cookie and Cream Protein shake is by far the best tasting shake I've had, no after taste, 25g of protein, for about 130 calories with only 3g of sugar.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4279426
  • Lauren4974
    Lauren4974 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just got a sampler pack of Syntax's Nectar 100% whey protein. They taste really good so far. They are various flavors and provide 23-24mg of protein. Once you find the flavors you like you can order larger quantities.

You can get the sampler pack from http://www.bjsbariatrics.com

Thank you for this! I just placed an order. Every thing I've looked into you have to buy in 2 lb quantities and I'm scared to buy anything that big in case I don't like it. This way I can try the flavors to see if I like them before I buy large quantities! Thank you so much!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    i like ISOFlex by ALLMax, a little on the pricey side but a very good product! around 110-120 cals/serving all depending on the flavor, 24-25g protein, 1g carb if any very good BCAA profile and mixes extremely well. Some of their product has pieces of the real stuff in it (chocolate will have chocolate chips, strawberry has small strawberry pieces etc) They have a peanut butter chocolate powder that makes me think of a Reese's, especially over ice. And the chocolate mint reminds me of an After Eight! They also came out with some Citrus flavors which I haven't tried yet but given what I've had so far from them I wouldn't be surprised by the taste
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    I like Advocare. I like to mix it fresh berries if I ger bored. Hope this helps!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    trutein cinnabon and chococlate peanut butter cup are both great, and i also like cellucor cookies n creme!
  • IVMarkIV
    IVMarkIV Posts: 116
    Options
    Any of the generic chocolates favors (are pretty hard for even the worst food chemists to mess up) added with ground cinnamon and or more xanthan gum or less water for thickness. Or regular vanilla added with vanilla extract and or cinnamon.
  • FemmeFitFarm
    Options
    don't get scared because this is a vegan protein powder... but I LOVE IT. so so much. 17g protein, 90 calories, no fat, pure deliciousness. Garden of Life Raw protein powder [vanilla is my favorite]. best bang for your buck [in my opinion]. I do switch it up with whey sometimes because i miss the creaminess of whey, but this protein powder is one of the best ones as far as low calorie, healthiest, and best tasting.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Omar_USAF
    Omar_USAF Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MTS whey is most definitely MY FAVORITE!!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i've tried a lot but here are the best ones that i've tried
    myfusion
    optimum nutrition.
  • thevoice1973
    thevoice1973 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Currently using:

- Six Star Whey Isolate Decadent Chocolate
    - Kaizen Natural Whey Vanilla Bean

The Six Star is one of the best tasting chocolate flavors I've ever tried and the Kaizen is not only great tasting but GMO free and artificial sweetener free SSS well!
  • hurricanegirl13
    Options
    Save for later.

The kind I have now SUCKS. UGH it tastes horrible. But I did buy it on a whim because protein. :laugh:
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    I love Kaizen Natural Vanilla Bean. :)