Support Groups that weigh in?

Options
Is anyone in a support group online that you weigh in every week or something? I am interested in joining one maybe it will help with my progress. I am trying to lose 10 lbs by the end of April thats my first goal. Thanks!! And please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    If you find one or start one let me know. I would love to join as well.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Me too LOL
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Let's just start one! We can come up with a group or challenge name and go from there. For example, 10 Pounds in 10 weeks challenge, Eating clean challenge, Weightloss Divas challenge, etc. We can enter our start-up information....

Name:
    Intro:
    SW:
    Goal:
    CW:

and report in weekly. What do you think?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of goal groups around, they are kinda hard to find but if you have time to just refresh the boards or glance through older topics, you might find some.

Lose 12 lbs by Easter! is one, that I know of for sure, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186965-lose-a-dozen-by-easter-starts-2-13-11-join-us

You are more than welcome to make your own!!! Ask people to comment, set a goal for a certain period of time (4 weeks, 8 weeks, anything!) have a volunteer keep track through personal messages or posts on the board. Many people have ways to make really great spreadsheets to share member progress. Add each other to your friends list as you see people posting, keep reminding each other every day about making healthy choices and staying strong to your goals!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yes asallen7~! Perfect idea!! I'm keeping my eye on this :wink:
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok I will start a support group. Just tell me what i need to do lol.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Let's just start one! We can come up with a group or challenge name and go from there. For example, 10 Pounds in 10 weeks challenge, Eating clean challenge, Weightloss Divas challenge, etc. We can enter our start-up information....

Name:
    Intro:
    SW:
    Goal:
    CW:

and report in weekly. What do you think?

I like weightloss divas! good name!
  • asallen7
    Options
    Ok, ladies let's do it!
  • heatherhart
    Options
    Ok everyone add me & I will write down everyones info & we will weigh in again next week
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Are we going to just do it on here, or should we create a new thread?
  • asallen7
    Options
  • heatherhart
    Options
    My name is Heather. i am a stay at home mom of a 2 yr old little boy. My wieght loss journey started a yr ago but I fell off track so this is my starting over point.
    My current weight is 192
    Goal weight is 160-155
    Right now I have one goal in place and that it to try to lose 10 lbs by Aptil 30
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ok Heather, Ill join in your support group too!!!
    My name is Cassie and I am in Law Enforcement. I have two kids, a girl who is 13 and a boy who is 8. I just started my weight loss journey about 2 weeks ago. (I am doing a contest at work called Biggest Loser)
    My current weight is 164.
    My Goal weight is 120.
    I have a goal to lose as much as I can, and get down to my goal weight, no matter how long. I would like to fit into a nice bathing suit this summer though!!!
    Good luck everyone!!!!