Zumba

Options
Can somebody please tell me what workout I would enter in my excercise log if I did an hour of Zumba. Its so popular now I am suprised they don't have it in the data base.

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Some people log it as high intensity aerobics or dance.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    i log it as dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern... something like that...
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I was still doing it I used to put " Aerobics, general." Let me just add that I was using the Wii zumba and it wasn't that high impact to me so that's why I chose that. If you are taking an actual class it might work you harder.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    If I go all out, I log it as aerobics.
    If I don't push my hardest, i log it as dance.
  • sassyblondetkt
    Options
    I do it as High impact aerobics
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i put low impact aerobics...now i am getting better i might go up to high impact
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I was doing it under dance and I have a heart monitor to see exactly how many calories I have burned. I recently added it as a workout so it just says Zumba. The best thing to do is have a heart monitor so you can know exactly how many calories you burn then it doesn't really matter what you put it under as long as your logging! Good Luck!
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    Thank you for asking...I had wondered the same thing. The responses give me a lot better idea of where to put it! :)
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor and have it listed as an exercise. Just easier for me.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    For the exercises I can't find in MFP's exercise database I go to this website and get the information and then create a new exercise in my exercise diary. One you do that it will be there for you to access in the future.

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned

I am in no way endorsing the website, just using one of their tools that isn't available here on MFP. Maybe we could get something like that here...hint hint!!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I was doing it under dance and I have a heart monitor to see exactly how many calories I have burned. I recently added it as a workout so it just says Zumba. The best thing to do is have a heart monitor so you can know exactly how many calories you burn then it doesn't really matter what you put it under as long as your logging! Good Luck!

I completely agree...get an HRM. I teach it 5-times a week and there are times when I didn't think I worked that hard and I actually burned a lot of cals. I'm 4'11 and typically burn 415-530 cals in 60 min. I have students who burn 700. An HRM is going to give you the most accurate information :) One of the best investments I've made!