At my goal and it feels great!

Options
So two years ago I was a pack a day smoker. Last year I was almost 9 months pregnant and had gained 50+ pounds. Today, thanks to MFP and C25K I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm running 5k three times a week! It feels so good to know I am improving my health to be there for my baby boy!

Replies

• gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!! congrats and welcome to your new and healthy lifestyle :)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    thats awesome,your an inspiration!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Congrats! You should be VERY proud of yourself
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    way to go
    very inspirational
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Keep up the new lifestyle! Great story of success. Thanks!
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I strongly suggested to my boyfriend that he quit smoking, he did. Now I have to keep my end of the deal and lose the 50 lbs I've gained since we've been together! Heck of a deal! lol Keep it up!
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal and quitting smoking. I noticed that you had your little boy in your late thirties. I had my little guy just shy of 40. I think I take my health so much more seriously because I'm in it for the long haul with this little guy.

I'm doing the C25K program too. I'm repeating week 4 because I was struggling. But, I'm actually enjoying running!
  • Deborah214
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I just wish everyone knew they were capable of whatever they set their heart and mind to! To eightdmb, having my little one at such an "advanced age" has really lit a fire for me. I want to have the energy to play and run with him! He is my inspiration!
  • Dede43f
    Dede43f Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm just beginning the journey. Would love to quit smoking, but afraid of taking on too much at once & setting myself up for failure! I'm hoping once I start exercising, it will be an incentive to quit. Can't accomplish much when your short of breath! Lol!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well done.

Got to my goal weight and started to run last week. Picked up an injury on my third run :angry:

Hope to run a 5k once a week when I get back to it.

Thanks for posting and the inspiration to keep going! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!