Just starting out on my journey..

ukmdg
ukmdg Posts: 12 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Bit about me,,Male, 34yr old... 308 lbs... aiming to drop just over 35% of my body weight.

Started on 16/03/11......... Just working on a combination of healthy eating so only cutting out the complete rubbish, somewhere between 1300 to 1700 calories per day.. Adding exerise and gradually building this up..

Any encouragement appreciated, will gladly support others in their journeys..

Must say what a fantastic resource myfitnesspal is....Big up to the developers !!! thanks from me..
:happy:
Regards, Matt

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Good luck! This resource is wonderful and I love the community support! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Welcome. Just read a quote I'm going to "borrow" ...

Keep pressing PLAY! Simple but to the point, don't you think?
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    :smile: welcome...good luck I love the support on MFP
  • I'm just wondering if 1300 to 1700 calories might be a bit low for you , since you are just starting out. You don't want to make this something that you cant live with, since you are in for the long haul. just a thought. I have a lot to lose also and am keeping my calories a bit higher.
  • irma1974
    irma1974 Posts: 5
    Hi Matt,
    I just joined a week ago tomorrow. This site is great! Add me if you like.
  • welcome Matt and good luck on your journey :=)
  • ukmdg
    ddrobins1956

I take on board what you are saying. I thought I had eaten well today, having what I wanted and ended up just short of 1400. I guess if I find the weight not coming off as I want, I may just try increasing. Would definitely not go any lower.

Thanks for the advice..
  • red1879
    red1879 Posts: 4
    Welcome Matt! I just started two weeks ago myself. I'm LOVING it! I will tell you the more CARBS you cut the faster you will drop it off. My brother started at 277 in october 2010 and weighed in at 170 a week ago!!!! 20 carbs per day and no limit with calories. Lots of chicken and veggies. :) Good luck and add me as a friend if you'd like to.
  • ukmdg
    Hi, Thanks to the people who responded with well wishes and advice, I appreciate it..

Last week I had one or two things pre-planned which meant it was impossible to crack on with this.

Now the real thing begins...........................
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Welcome! This site has a lot of support! There is a lot to learn and this is the place we can do it. Feel free to add me.
  • BrownSuccess
    BrownSuccess Posts: 11 Member
    Hi Matt,
    I just joined tonight and noticed your post. I need to lose 140 pounds and am looking for some support along the way and a good kick when I need it. :) Hope you will add me so that we can use the community to succeed. By the way, I cant believe that someone lost 100 pounds since October by going low carb!! I am impressed.
This discussion has been closed.