Options
i guys hope you could give me advise on how i can lose weight.. :sad:

Replies

• desperategal
    Options
    i guys hope you could give me advise on how i can lose weight.. :sad:
  • desperategranny
    Options
    I'm new, but one thing I've learned: be careful not to eat too much in the evening.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm new, but one thing I've learned: be careful not to eat too much in the evening.

Yeah, that's a big one and my worst downfall. Welcome to you both!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I think weight loss is personal. I'm a veggie, so Atkins is out (I also have major problems with what I call the "butter" diet, but that's another rant). Anything that "sells" you food bothers me as well, but works for some people.

I believe you don't diet but change your life. Sure, I'm on a calorie counting website that is very helpful to me, but I'm a chronic overeater. I already eat a very healthy diet, but I need to learn to reign myself in, thus calorie counting. Once I get to 22% body fat, I will allow more calories until I even out. I also exercise very consistently, so that's not an issue for me.

My point is, you need to find out what your weaknesses are and address those. Are you an emotional eater? Do you hate to exercise? Do you eat out most meals? Do you drink all your calories?
    Keeping a food diary will help you no matter what. Remember, no one else can see it, so be honest. If nothing else, get out there and move! Don't be average, exercise!

Good luck!
  • oldandbroke
    Options
    Set realistic goals. 1 pound per week.
    Exercise daily.
    Be honest and track all of your calories here.
    Make sure you eat the extra calories that you earn through exercise at least two out of three days.
    Be persistently patient with yourself. You will not lose weight every week.
    Read about proper nutrition and the glycemic load/index of your carbs.
    Get the sugar and processed carbs out of your diet. This is hard for most of us.
    Don't ever be on a 'diet". You are starting a lifestyle change that focuses on long term health and fitness.
    Listen to your body. Don't do things that are not working thinking that they will suddenly start working. You will hit points where you don't lose. Take careful notes about what you were doing and then come back here and ask for help to get you past your sticking point. I am always amazed at help that is presented here and also by the encouragement given.

Good luck