Stuck on the last 10 pounds, any advice?

Options
Hello,
I have lost about 20 pounds recently (some before MFP), and I have about 10 more to lose. The first 20 came off pretty quickly, but now I feel stuck. I am on a 1200 calorie plan (1.5 pounds per week). I have heard to change my work out routine, or increase my calories. Anyone out there with advice on how they broke through that last 10 pounds? Thanks!

Replies

• BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Hello,
    I have lost about 20 pounds recently (some before MFP), and I have about 10 more to lose. The first 20 came off pretty quickly, but now I feel stuck. I am on a 1200 calorie plan (1.5 pounds per week). I have heard to change my work out routine, or increase my calories. Anyone out there with advice on how they broke through that last 10 pounds? Thanks!
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Oh hunnie I'm having the same problem! I lost 40lbs relatively easy..well not EASY, I had to stick to a workout and meal plan..but I feel like this last 15-20 lbs won't budge! It's extremely frusturating isn't it? I have been told the same thing about switching up my workout routine and trying something different with my diet. Actually my trainer suggested I try to take in fewer calories every other day. That way I can continue to lose weight, but not lose any of the muscle I've built up. So I'm going to attempt to try that. I'm on a 1200 cal plan also, but for the first time, I went to 1000 today, and I actually didn't feel deprived..or hungry. I just kept up with the water and ate tons of protein and fiber to keep my energy up. So maybe you could try that as well. But definitely talk to someone about it first..doctor, trainer, nutritionist..anyone. Get their input, cause everybodys body is different. Good luck hun!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Just takes patience and perseverence.. those are stubborn pounds!! I have been slowly working at mine too. The same advice, mix it up!! I broke through the plateau a while ago and now I am maintaining or slowly losing but nothing quick about it.

Just stay positive and stick with it!!
    Good LUCK
    :wink:
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone.