How many times a day do you work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    I'm a mom of little ones too! I don't pay for any gym memberships. I've been able to get into shape with these workouts at home. They are called High intensity interval training. They are anywhere from 8 to 20 minute sessions a day (no kidding). They wipe you out like nothing else will but it will put you in great shape. I do them from www.bodyrock.tv because they're free. Every other day I have a low intensity strenght workout. I just love that I don't have to waste hours at the gym with no results.
    Thanks for that link! Right now I've been going back and forth between a few work out DVDs! I'm going to have to try this out though!
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    5 days a week for 45-90 minutes (the longer ones on the weekends). I alternate cardio and yoga, pilates or tai chi one day and cardio/strength training the next day. I break mine up and exercise 2xs a day because I work 10-11 hr days and it is tough for me to do it all in one session except on the weekends. My best advice would be to start with 30 minutes every day and work up from there. Consistency matters more than long workouts in the beginning. You can do this!!
    Thanks! 30 minutes is what I've been doing since Jan. and I was just thinking its time to step it up a bit.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i workout daily, for an hour usually. i take group classes 4-5x a week, meet with a personal trainer another day, and do weight training/cardio the other day.

however, it doesn't really matter what the rest of us do. it's important to find an exercise schedule and routine that you can maintain comfortably and consistently. you would know best if you should challenge your body more, whether it's thru exercising more frequently, or exercising more intensely. maybe seeing how much other people are working out is a good enough motivator for you, but that wouldn't motivate me for long, because then i'd feel as if i'm "guilted" into exercising more. for myself, i'm motivated to exercise daily because i like how i feel afterwards, especially after a long day at work! :)

hope you find an exercise schedule that works well for your lifestyle!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym once a day and do 40 mins to an hour of cardio and 20 to 30 of strength training but i dont limit myself to that i do ab work at home and if its a nice day ill try to fit in a long walk and sometimes if i feel like i need to ill get on netflix and do some workouts
  • Rikkijean
    Rikkijean Posts: 21
    Options
    my workouts vary from day to day, i try to work out every day.......me and my 2 best girlfriends :heart: do 45 minutes 3 times a week together of circuit training (Jillian Michaels). i always feel more energized after that, so i go home and do some more with a latino dance video i have, or (Billy Blanks tae bo boot camp :sick: ) also walking my huge pulling dog......but each day ends up being between 45 - 150 minutes......... there may be the occasional day that i just dont want to, but when i see that i can only eat 1200 calories that day i push myself more cuz i love to eat :love: .......i have great friends and the support we have for eachother is the only thing that really keeps me going :happy: keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:5397921.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    it doesn't really matter what the rest of us do. it's important to find an exercise schedule and routine that you can maintain comfortably and consistently. you would know best if you should challenge your body more, whether it's thru exercising more frequently, or exercising more intensely.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, so I won’t. Your weight-loss journey is only a competitin with yourself. What works for others is what works for others. And as long as you’re doing exercise that works for you, good.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week, 25-30 minutes with various DVD's, right now I'm on day 20 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Also, 3 days a week I go to Curves. When I first started I exercised a lot less! Now that I'm closer to my goal the weight is harder to get off, so I exercise a lot more now.