Skin Moisturizer Elasticity

Options
Hey Ladies, as I am losing weight I want to try to make sure my skin doesnt sag or at least sags less. What is some suggestions? Cocoa butter? Please share with me. Thanks, David

Replies

• dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey Ladies, as I am losing weight I want to try to make sure my skin doesnt sag or at least sags less. What is some suggestions? Cocoa butter? Please share with me. Thanks, David
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well I'm no expert, and Lord knows I don't want any sagging either LOL....but I am a FIRM believer in moisturizing everyday...get it FIRM believer.....ahhhh sorry its early :ohwell: I use cocoa butter, Shea butter and other moisturizers w/ vitamin E too....right now I'm using ones from bath and body and Avon, both good....

Oh and also coco butter is great for helping to preventing or minimizing stretch marks, say w/ pregnancy weight, (I know not a concern of yours lol) I don't have any and I used it everyday...so maybe it will help, it certainly can't hurt!

And I really think that slow and steady weight loss while building muscle will help the sagging too, I wish you and all of us luck w/ that though!:wink:

hugs!
    Ali :drinker:
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    we have an abundance of lotion in the hole here
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    we have an abundance of lotion in the hole here

hahaha...that's right!!!....HEY:huh: ....and what is this one *points to Dantell13* doing out anyway.......SOUP!!!!!! we have a PROBLEM! *sounds the alarms*......
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    :mad: GET BACK IN THAT HOLE!!!! :mad:

And yes, I myself tend to prefer Lubriderm :wink:

:laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    skin elasticity is greatly helped when you consume lots of water! This will help your skin to snap back after being stretched. Unfortunately this snap back gets less and less likely to happen the larger and older we get so it's becoming a problem for lots of us. I notice it only in my arms, but have noticed some sagginess improvements over time. Yes, yes, time and water may be your answer. good luck:drinker: drink up!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Like they said, water to increase skin's natural elasticity and strength training 9arm exercises) to help shrink up the extra flab and skin as you lose weight.