Detox

Options
I was reading the New Yorker Magazine today and there was an article about liquid detoxing. It had 7 drinks that were made for each day of the week to drink in order to clean the body. I was wondering what the way to go about a healthy detox would be? Is liquid the way to go for a detox? Is it even healthy to detox that way? Would anyone recommend detoxing?

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Good question...I know people who swear by "juicing" every so often...they buy juicers and make everything from raw vegies and fruits...I don't really like juice so that probably wouldn't work for me...but a friend dropped like 10 pounds in 2 weeks by doing it...I also have heard of detoxing by eating all "clean" foods--mostly raw and some cooked vegetables, and only brown rice and no meat or dairy...and some other things that I can't think of right now....I don't know. I have started eating a lot of raw vegetables and find that the fiber fills me up so I'm not hungry for junk food, and it "cleanses" in a whole other way if you know what I mean...I am also drinking about 80-100 oz of water a day which is supposed to help "detox" the body...I'm spending an awful lot of time in the bathroom at work though...not sure my boss appreciates my new healthy eating plan LOL!
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Don't let your boss give you a bad time about your short trips to the Ladies Room. It's way better than NOT going and....well we won't talk about that.

I'm not a fan of juices either, but I do take the fruit and emulsify them with water. It's an easy way for me to get in fruit AND water AND gross out my co-workers...:laugh:

I had two day Detox routine of 5 fruits and 5 veggies, 10 oz LEAN protein, water (of course) and no grains. If that doesn't clean you out, nothing will!

Happy Losing...*Ü*
  • Jaynequ
    Jaynequ Posts: 39
    Options
    It is alsways a good idea to eat lots of home cooked foods with plenty of fruits and veg, and very little processed food. However your body does not need to 'detox', it is doing that all by itself every minute of every day and manages it very efficiently. Your liver does not need a day off, it was built to work non stop just like your heart. Just avoid poisoning with liver toxic chemicals like alcohol and you will be fine. I speak as an ex liver nurse.

So the best detox is home cooked food, plenty of fruit and veg and not too much alcohol - in other words a healthy eating plan.