The struggle continues

Options
Hi, I'm new, not new however to diet and working out. Yeap, I should be a pro at this. Nope, still overweight. Not where I should be. I continue to fight, not to be skinny, but fit and comfortable in my own skin. That's about it! Hope everyone else is more successgful than I have been. Good luck oiut there!

Replies

• amandaj81
    amandaj81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say welcome & good luck. There is alot of support on this website so if thats what your looking for you will get it.
  • lucky97
    lucky97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You will do fine. Just commit to this for life because that is what it is going to take. I have found when you diet and lose weight and then gain it back, it takes less food the second time to maintain your weight because your metabolism slows down due to loss of muscle. My advice is to find something that you can live with and know that when you get to where you want to be, you won't have to be as strict. It does take diet, supplements and exercise to be successful. You can't really just do one of the three or two of the three things and it be long term weight loss. I am speaking from experience because I have finally found the formula! If you talk to any fit person who is in their late 20's and beyond..they will tell you that they are doing a combination of the three things. There are very few people who are genetically blessed. I talked to an aerobics teacher and asked her what she did( it sounded like alot of exercise) and then I did the same thing and now I am getting incredibile results! Hope this helps you! Good Luck!
    Julie Lucky
  • anchower1973
    anchower1973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking to lose weight in my mid section.... 45 pounds seems like a lot though. It seems daunting