Food!

Options
Hi all, i've started eating healthy, i've been on here fro a while now but didn't consider my diet to be healthy, i'd just stopped snacking and eating crap.

I'm aiming to eat low GI foods, and am looking forward to my reworked meals.

btw, a good book is Easy GI...

However... as recomended I had porridge for breakfast, and it was awesome, tasted great and filled me up till lunch.

I'm concious of the fact that I might not be eating enough, and have neglected to fill out the food diary for a while. I stuck everything in so far for today, which was breakfast and lunch, and all i have left is my evening meal.

Here's the problem, i have just short of 1000 cals left :noway: and i haven't been to the gym yet which will add another 800 cals. So what the hell am i gonna eat for my evening meal if i need to have 1800 cals? lol
Thinking GI i'm considering sweet potatoes and meat, but 1800 cals is a hell of alot...

Any thoughts?

Al

Replies

• AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Hi all, i've started eating healthy, i've been on here fro a while now but didn't consider my diet to be healthy, i'd just stopped snacking and eating crap.

I'm aiming to eat low GI foods, and am looking forward to my reworked meals.

btw, a good book is Easy GI...

However... as recomended I had porridge for breakfast, and it was awesome, tasted great and filled me up till lunch.

I'm concious of the fact that I might not be eating enough, and have neglected to fill out the food diary for a while. I stuck everything in so far for today, which was breakfast and lunch, and all i have left is my evening meal.

Here's the problem, i have just short of 1000 cals left :noway: and i haven't been to the gym yet which will add another 800 cals. So what the hell am i gonna eat for my evening meal if i need to have 1800 cals? lol
    Thinking GI i'm considering sweet potatoes and meat, but 1800 cals is a hell of alot...

Any thoughts?

Al
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey goose! How many calories are you giving yourself each day? I know that when I don't give myself enough calories, I end up STARVING now, and munch on anything that isn't tied down way too late at night, then I have to go running to "fix it." Then I'm hungry again, tired, and well...YIKES! So what's going on? :flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Well, I'm given 1770 cals per day,

breakfast was 340

and lunch was 517

i'm going to the gym which will be 600 - 1000 cals, as ill be eating low GI, i shouldn't be as hungry and i sertanly saw that this morning, I usually have something at 10 but today i was still stuffed from breakfast.

I haven't seen much of a loss recently and think it might be due to not eating enough, but as i was full mid morning i didn;t have my usual stuff, which is about 600 cals.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh..I"m jealous!

BUT seriously....I would add a few extra cals to b-fast and lunch and add a snack or 2 (string cheese or nuts....not too tough to get down even if u don't feel hungry)
    Maybe add a yogurt (not the low cal, the 200 cal stuff to b-fast)
    OR a carnation powder drink...if u feel full sometimes it's easier to drink cals

Good luck, kim
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Yeah i think i'll have to do that, nuts are great GI wise so i think i'll make sure i have some of them tomorrow and i can graze on them between meals to boost my cals.

I tell you what tho, if anyone is struggling to stay under their cals, eat porridge for breakfast, it's so filling and lasts you easily till lunch, I suppose thats the whole idea of the GI eating...

I think i'll have steak and sweet potatoes for dinner and then have nuts to make up for the remainder of my cals...
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Yeah i think i'll have to do that, nuts are great GI wise so i think i'll make sure i have some of them tomorrow and i can graze on them between meals to boost my cals.

I tell you what tho, if anyone is struggling to stay under their cals, eat porridge for breakfast, it's so filling and lasts you easily till lunch, I suppose thats the whole idea of the GI eating...

I think i'll have steak and sweet potatoes for dinner and then have nuts to make up for the remainder of my cals...

Wow, I think I'll try that....I seem to be binging a lot lately, though going to the gym almost daily has kept things in line a bit...I feel terrible. :sick:

Best of luck to you sweetie!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok Taffy,

Eat more breakfast! Seriously, that should be your biggest meal of the day. I usually eat 400 calories or so for breakfast, and on days I'm doing a long ride, I'll eat 500 calories or more for breakfast.

And, don't forget snacks! Eating a small snack in between meals will help keep your metabolism revved up and keep you from getting hungry.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Yeah, they seem to work. GI is a good think to look into, it sorts the energy lvl's out so you don't feel hungry nor tired... White bread is out and potatoes, except sweet potatoes and new potatoes. Theres all grains and wheats are in...

I'll post somthing on it soon, but i think its awesome!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread--we were just talking about GI on another post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/19474-low-glycemic-foods
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Ok Taffy,

Eat more breakfast! Seriously, that should be your biggest meal of the day. I usually eat 400 calories or so for breakfast, and on days I'm doing a long ride, I'll eat 500 calories or more for breakfast.

And, don't forget snacks! Eating a small snack in between meals will help keep your metabolism revved up and keep you from getting hungry.

Thanks doll...

Yeah, I was rushing this morning and as it's my first few days of low gi, i wasn't prepared for the lack of cals lol
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Check out this thread--we were just talking about GI on another post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/19474-low-glycemic-foods

Thanks for the link :wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Both of my kiddos keep talking to me (What's up with that? SHEESH??? Do I look like the Mom or something? LOL) But I think you might be onto something with the calories...I have to get up and about...

Who am I???

Hokay, anyway...Yes, the calories seem low for you. ??? Are you going to start logging again?

I'll be back later after the dishes are done from breakfast, loading the dishwasher, taking the dog for a walk...

Hu? Where was I?

Anyway...I noticed...please hold...

Hokay...I noticed I am feeling better when I eat more earlier. So let us know how your logging for the day goes friend! Good luck! :tongue:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Both of my kiddos keep talking to me (What's up with that? SHEESH??? Do I look like the Mom or something? LOL) But I think you might be onto something with the calories...I have to get up and about...

Who am I???

Hokay, anyway...Yes, the calories seem low for you. ??? Are you going to start logging again?

I'll be back later after the dishes are done from breakfast, loading the dishwasher, taking the dog for a walk...

Hu? Where was I?

Anyway...I noticed...please hold...

Hokay...I noticed I am feeling better when I eat more earlier. So let us know how your logging for the day goes friend! Good luck! :tongue:

lol

Thank you friend!

Yeah cals are low, but its due to the oats i think and them filling me up, wasn't expecting them to work so well...

I am loggin today and will continue to do so.