i had a session with a personal trainer

0221 Posts: 4
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I had a session with a personal trainer and it went really well. She got me a work out routine that is going to help me reach my goals. We did the routine togather and today I am going to do it all on my own.

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Woohoo!!! Great job!! have fun with your new routine!!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Awesome! I started a personal program last week! It's great to have a routine to follow and have someone monitor your progress and not allow any slacking! Good JOb!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Just make sure you get with the trainer again in a month or two to get a new routine... you'll get burned out doing the same few things over and over again! Have fun!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Did she give you some routines that you can do at home as well? I love the trainer at my gym. She's always available to talk to and give advice. What are your goals?

I've got 100 lbs to lose. I also love to run and my goal is to be able to do a 5k by fall. I have jeans in multiple different sizes, so what I'm doing is hanging up a pair that is a size lower than my current size. I worked to fit into them and when I do, I will then hang up the next size down and keep going until I get back into my favorite skirt. I did this after I had my first daughter and it was the best motivation. However, I didn't do this with my second daughter so.... I'm doing it now.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Just make sure you get with the trainer again in a month or two to get a new routine... you'll get burned out doing the same few things over and over again! Have fun!

Great advice!!!!

She's absolutely right! Not only will you get burned out, your body will get used to that routine and your weight loss could slow due it. Our bodies need a good "shock" about once a month.
This discussion has been closed.