Shakeology 3 day Cleanse

Options
I started the 3 day Cleanse this morning... Had the green tea and a shake already...

My SW this morning is 185.5

My goal for the cleanse is NOT to actually lose a lot of weight, but more to flush out all of the crap I have built up in my body.

Replies

• kittyb1
    kittyb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    on day 2 of cleansing....I can't drink the greenberry one blahhhh. But the chocolate with pb is yummo. Goodluck!
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    sounds cool! keep us posted....im curious to see how you feel after and if you do lose any weight.
  • linedancer2011
    Options
    Hi,
    What exactly is the Shakeology 3 day cleanse?
    Where do you find it?
    Are there tips you recommend??
    Thanks!:smile:
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It is a cleanse that is supposed to help you get through a plateau or jumpstart your weight loss.

If you google Shakeology 3 day cleanse, you should be able to find it.
    You do
    3 Shakeology shakes per day (i have 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch and 1 for dessert)
    2 cups of green tea per day (I have 1 when I wake up, on my drive to work and one with dinner)
    1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day (optional) (I doubt I will actually do this unless I need to calories)
    1 salad for dinner-can include fish or poultry ( you can use a low fat balsamic dressing... I found Maple Grove Farms fat free balsamic vinegrette which is 15 calories a serving)
    No dairy or extra sugars (this includes almond and soy milk) ( i don't do much if any dairy normally so this wont be a problem)
    Drink 2 to 4 liters of water every day (I already do this!)
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good for you for even trying a cleanse. I find most people unwilling to forgo food believing they'll die if they don't eat for more than one day.

However, to anyone thinking you actually lose weight while on a cleanse/fast, I'd like to point out some of the obvious:
    1) You don't lose body fat on a 3-day fast/cleanse.
    2) You can, however, lose up to 10lbs of stool from your intestines.
    3) Any weight loss during a short cleanse/fast usually returns within 3-5 days after the intestines fill up again with solid food waste.

In order to even begin losing body fat from a fast/cleanse you need to fast/cleanse for at least 20 days and even then it all depends on how much excess body fat you have. The closer you are to your ideal body weight, the less fat you'll lose because your body goes into 'preservation or starvation' mode. a 3-day cleanse/fast. However, a 3-day cleanse is great for mild detoxification of build up toxins that have accumulated in the body, depending on what herbal supplements you use, and for ridding the body of excess stool.

There are many herbs that do many things but I thought I'd share a few to get you going.

To help cleanse and heal your entire digestive tract, drink 100% pure aloe vera juice from the inside of the leaves. You can drink 1/4 cup every morning even after your 3-day cleanse ends. I like to add it to a fruit smoothie as it does have a bit of a strong taste.

Milk thistle tea restores a damaged liver. Chicory not only reduces uric acid and waste but stimulates the liver, cleanses the spleen, gallbladder and kidneys. Burdock tea helps lower blood sugar levels and purifies the blood, as does dandelion tea. Dandelion leaves are excellent for anemia and should be eaten with a vitamin C rich food like tomatoes or bell peppers for better absorption by anyone with this condition. It is also a mild laxative, which helps speed the flushing process.

Thyme tea will kill most kidney infections. Horsetail tea is a great kidney tonic and kidney immunity builder. Fennel fights urinary tract infections and flushes out toxins. It's also good for urinary stones. Orange bitter dissolves kidney stones.

Plantain will soothe a spastic colon (colitis).

Wishing you great success with your cleanse!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I have details about the cleanse on my MFP blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/telcochik/view/shakeology-cleanse-the-basics-69789

Good luck to all of you already doing it or thinking about doing it. I have a friend who lost 7 lbs from doing the cleanse.

Sharon
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Love the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse the first time I did it I lost 8 pounds (last year) and then I did it again last month and I lost 5 pounds.
  • anikkim0915
    Options
    I finished Day 1!!! Woo HOO!!! I am surprised how much energy I actually have this morning!

Day 1 wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy. For me, the hard part was not chewing food! LOL I stayed busy all day so I didnt wander in to the kitchen to eat anything... and even made DH go for a walk with me. 2.5 miles! (normally we do 4 when we walk, but I was tired)

Stepped on the scale this morning and it was at 182.0!

I will say, I do like the shakes much better when they are mixed with ice... I was just mixing them with cold water at work and when I got home last night, I added ice! MUCH BETTER
  • telcochik
    Options
    GREAT DAY 1 RESULTS NIKKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see what happens after your 3rd day!
    Sharon
  • anikkim0915
    Options
    Day 3 of 3! Stepped on the scale ... 179.5!!! First time in a VERY long time that I have seen that #!!

I will say though, I WANT FOOD!!! Waiting until tomorrow!
  • telcochik
    Options
    WOO HOO NIKKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

So happy to hear those results. What was your total loss...weight and inches???

Sharon
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good for you for even trying a cleanse. I find most people unwilling to forgo food believing they'll die if they don't eat for more than one day.

However, to anyone thinking you actually lose weight while on a cleanse/fast, I'd like to point out some of the obvious:
    1) You don't lose body fat on a 3-day fast/cleanse.
    2) You can, however, lose up to 10lbs of stool from your intestines.
    3) Any weight loss during a short cleanse/fast usually returns within 3-5 days after the intestines fill up again with solid food waste.

In order to even begin losing body fat from a fast/cleanse you need to fast/cleanse for at least 20 days and even then it all depends on how much excess body fat you have. The closer you are to your ideal body weight, the less fat you'll lose because your body goes into 'preservation or starvation' mode. a 3-day cleanse/fast. However, a 3-day cleanse is great for mild detoxification of build up toxins that have accumulated in the body, depending on what herbal supplements you use, and for ridding the body of excess stool.

There are many herbs that do many things but I thought I'd share a few to get you going.

To help cleanse and heal your entire digestive tract, drink 100% pure aloe vera juice from the inside of the leaves. You can drink 1/4 cup every morning even after your 3-day cleanse ends. I like to add it to a fruit smoothie as it does have a bit of a strong taste.

Milk thistle tea restores a damaged liver. Chicory not only reduces uric acid and waste but stimulates the liver, cleanses the spleen, gallbladder and kidneys. Burdock tea helps lower blood sugar levels and purifies the blood, as does dandelion tea. Dandelion leaves are excellent for anemia and should be eaten with a vitamin C rich food like tomatoes or bell peppers for better absorption by anyone with this condition. It is also a mild laxative, which helps speed the flushing process.

Thyme tea will kill most kidney infections. Horsetail tea is a great kidney tonic and kidney immunity builder. Fennel fights urinary tract infections and flushes out toxins. It's also good for urinary stones. Orange bitter dissolves kidney stones.

Plantain will soothe a spastic colon (colitis).

Wishing you great success with your cleanse!

Interesting stuff about the herbs - do you have any sciencey articles backing that stuff up?

Also, I hear a lot about "toxins". What chemicals are they, and how come the liver & kidneys don't sort it out themselves? (Again, sciencey articles appreciated)