an embarrasing NSV

crazymama2two
crazymama2two Posts: 867
edited September 25 in Success Stories
okay, so i knew but never said it out loud...

but i can now bend over and tie my sneakers without either holding my breath or putting my foot on my knee and tying it sideways - i know some of you can understand this. i was so embarrased about it. i wont even admit it to my DH.

but now putting on my gym sneakers i didnt have to do either!!!

now only if my double chin would find its way to a new home!!! :D

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    way to go! I know where your coming from on this one. I come up with stars in my eyes from doing shoe etc up unless put across my leg or up on the bed. I even have to pick my shoes very carefully, I love my heels but cant do anything with buckles etc.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    I am acronym challenged. What does NSV stand for?
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Good for you!!It`s the small things that sometimes are a big deal if you haven`t been able to do in awhile.Keep moving forward!!:love:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Good stuff! Keep up the good work!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240

NSV non scale victory
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41

Non-scale victory. And congrats to the OP on the NSV!
  • LizzyTish327
    LizzyTish327 Posts: 18 Member
    NSV = Non Scale Victory
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member

"Non-Scale Victory"
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Thanks. I'm a dinosaur. Don't text or abbreviate. Total throwback.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Great Job! WTG!!
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    i think we all can relate. my bf buckles my shoes when requested, so much easier and i don't feel lightheaded from holding my breath! :)
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    but i can now bend over and tie my sneakers without either holding my breath or putting my foot on my knee and tying it sideways - i know some of you can understand this. i was so embarrased about it. i wont even admit it to my DH.

LOL! It's an awesome feeling, isn't it? I mean, up until it was possible to do without pain, there are all sorts of rationalizations about why-it-isn't-what-it-appears-to-be, and then, all of a sudden, because of the diet/exercise, it's gone! what an awesome NSV moment!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Don't be embarrassed!! That's fabulous! Feels good doesn't it?
  • I reached this mile stone too and never thought anything about it until I could do it!! Made me delighted as well so I totally get the rejoicing! Difference is, I told my hubby!! I call them.."Fat girl getting Skinny" stories, he is amused! and rejoices with me!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    You rock! You are doing so good, so proud of you!!! Keep it up!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • non scale victory....NSV
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Awsome girl!!!!!
  • I am so proud of you sugar! *high five*
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Oh I SO know that feeling. I also know the feeling of a less-than-supportive partner say "I thought you were supposed to be fit" when things like getting dressed made me breathless! Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!