Anyone else need to lose weight with a heart issue???

Options
shandy32
shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
Just wondered if there was anyone else out there like me.. i have some congental defects of my heart which have only just been discovered. im alao having test done for heart rythem abnormalities and i am currently wearing a monitor which i have to keep on for 7 days. I dont know what is happening with my heart until i see my consultant on the 31st of this month. I need to lose about 70 lbs +....

Anyone else out there????

Replies

• shandy32
    Options
    anyone???? lol
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have had issues with my heart beating too quickly. When it was discovered I had a resting heart rate of 180 beats a minute.

Losing weight was the best thing I ever did for the issues (I was about 50lbs overweight). I still take medication but I am allowed to try and come off it now. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Is it comfortable wearing the monitor for so long? I had it monitored twice for 24 hours and once for 3 days. Everytime it drove me nuts.
  • plantbasedbreezy
    plantbasedbreezy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YES! I have a heart condition called Peroxysmal Supra-Ventricular Tachycardia, or PSVT. I have had to wear a monitor before, and was diagnosed with this 9 years ago. It is a rhythm abnormality. I can't have stimulii and am encouraged by my physicians not to get my heart rate up too much.
    My Dr. ended up putting me on a medication that aids in weight loss, I had to lose at least 65 pounds. I've lost all but 25 of it now without really trying... it's just been the medication sofar.
    What I do for exercise is just low intensity cardio. Walking is good... or even walking fast will get my heart rate pretty high. I do a lot of muscle work, since you don't have to get your heart rate up doing that.. you can take it at your own pace.

Hope this helps. :D
  • shandy32
    Options
    Fuzzymel its driving me mad lol i have had a 24 hr tape and a 48 hr tape over the last few months and they both drove me mad too lol Its itchy and i cant sleep very well with it on. But hopefully its picking up what is going on. I have had some really good palps today lol.

tbrizzee thanx for the info.. i hope that when i see the cardiologist on the 31st of this month i will know more about my condition. Just need a full diagnosis as all this is new to me. xxx
  • shandy32
    Options
    Anyone else???
  • shandy32
    Options
    anyone lol