Tenting on the Old Campground

Options
jenbusick
jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
I have a t-shirt that is 16 years old (favorite team championship shirt, so it has a date printed right on it). It has always been kind of "tight." When I pull it down over my midsection, it gets snug and if I pull it down past my hips, it fits like sausage casing.

A couple of nights ago I put that shirt on to work out in, and it fell straight down over my hips without stopping, and just hung there. I seriously felt like I was wearing a tent. And I was shocked, because that particular shirt was always one that I felt would fit BETTER if I could lose some weight! I felt like I was lost in it!

I'm not a measurement-taker, and now I regret it because I would love to know what my hips WERE compared to what they are now. It must be a big difference!

Replies

• DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    Good for you. That is always a good feeling followed by a WOW! Love the comment about the sausage casing. Good luck
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    start taking your measurement now. it's never too late. i've only lost 11 lbs so far but i've lost 7 inches in my hips, 2.5 in on my waist, etc, etc, etc,

the tape measure is your friend.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful thing! Congratulations girl! You are doing great!
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    When I pull it down over my midsection, it gets snug and if I pull it down past my hips, it fits like sausage casing.

Ha! ALL my shirts fit like that!

If it is really a favorite, you can take it in a little, skinny-mini. ;p

Yay you!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    When I pull it down over my midsection, it gets snug and if I pull it down past my hips, it fits like sausage casing.

Ha! ALL my shirts fit like that!

Just wait until the day when you pull one on and think "Wow! I have so much ROOM in here! And I never realized this shirt was so LONG!" It's a great moment!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have a few in my closet waiting on this very moment!!! Congrats to you:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!