Which weight should I log? I'm taking a poll!

Options
So I woke up this morning, drank a little water, went to the bathroom, go back in bed for about 20 minutes, got back up, washed my face, brushed my teeth, disrobed and hopped on the scale...

It's a loss, so I was happy.

Put on my running clothes, ran about 2 miles, came home, drank a whole glass of water, disrobed and thought, "I wonder if my weight changed."

So today is my day I log my weight and I am in challenge (which either way I will not meet). So which do I record?

Thanks.

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I'd say you should pick the weight that was done most similarly to the previous weight.

If you normally weigh post-exercise, pick that one. If you normally weight first thing - pick that one.
  • gonnareachmygoal
    gonnareachmygoal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When do you normally weigh in ? Keep it consistant. If you normally weigh in first thing in the morning, then do it that same time every week. If you normally weigh in after a run, then use that weight.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I would chose the one prior to the run :flowerforyou: It will be most accurate because after your run & sweating, as soon as you re-hydrate you should be the same as you were when you work up...and then your next weigh-in should show another loss if you keep working hard!
  • JessicaWine
    Options
    I like to weigh myself first thing in the morning before drinking, eating, or doing anything else (besides hitting the bathroom since my bladder would explode if I didn't). I think you should try to do the same thing/ same time each time you weigh in. They say consistency is the best policy.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone else u should log the first weight im kind of a weirdo but everytime i weigh myself i do it first thing in the morning before i eat anything and my scale always have to be in the same place. lol
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think that makes sense too.