I had to run!

Options
Yesterday I went to a picnic, One of my sisters daughter and son had a birthday, So she rented a park to have a party for the two of them. At one point, My Mom and our youger sister took off for a walk around the area.
Being a LOVER of walk taking, I shouted at them to "WAIT UP!" But they did not hear me. and I was in the middle of getting my shoes on. By the time I was done, my daughter and I could SEE them, but they where far enough away that I would have to run to catch up with them.
So I took off running and caught up with them. It took about a minute.
To my suprise, I was not too winded, Yeah I was panting a little but, I was STILL able to talk with them with out gasping for air. I was pretty proud of myself.
Yeah I am still waiting for the time when I can take off running for a minute and not have it bother me at ALL. But for right now little steps. :bigsmile:
My point in this story is, You might be lifting weights and walkingor running on your treadmills, and thinking to yourself. WHAT IS THE POINT?! I am not getting ANYWHERE with all of this. But your ARE and when your body is called into action, you will notice just how far you have indeed come. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to a picnic, One of my sisters daughter and son had a birthday, So she rented a park to have a party for the two of them. At one point, My Mom and our youger sister took off for a walk around the area.
    Being a LOVER of walk taking, I shouted at them to "WAIT UP!" But they did not hear me. and I was in the middle of getting my shoes on. By the time I was done, my daughter and I could SEE them, but they where far enough away that I would have to run to catch up with them.
    So I took off running and caught up with them. It took about a minute.
    To my suprise, I was not too winded, Yeah I was panting a little but, I was STILL able to talk with them with out gasping for air. I was pretty proud of myself.
    Yeah I am still waiting for the time when I can take off running for a minute and not have it bother me at ALL. But for right now little steps. :bigsmile:
    My point in this story is, You might be lifting weights and walkingor running on your treadmills, and thinking to yourself. WHAT IS THE POINT?! I am not getting ANYWHERE with all of this. But your ARE and when your body is called into action, you will notice just how far you have indeed come. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Keep up those baby steps! that's awesome! I can't run for beans so I know what you mean. Great job!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yay Diann! You are soooo right, all the exercise DOES pay off in so many ways! I cannot wait until I can run and not be out of breath. :smile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Baby steps ROCK! YEY YOU!!! :flowerforyou: