Oh my!

Options
I went ahead and calculated what I am going to eat for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow so I would know how many calories it will be and I could prepare for it. I knew it would be high but I wasn't expecting 950 calories! Yikes! And that is with small portions. My hubby and I will be braving the cold (in Texas?) and going for an afternoon walk! You guys be careful not to overdo it! It will be hard to turn down a second homemade roll, or a second helping of dressing, let me tell ya! I wish you all the best tomorrow! Gives thanks for all your blessings!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and calculated what I am going to eat for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow so I would know how many calories it will be and I could prepare for it. I knew it would be high but I wasn't expecting 950 calories! Yikes! And that is with small portions. My hubby and I will be braving the cold (in Texas?) and going for an afternoon walk! You guys be careful not to overdo it! It will be hard to turn down a second homemade roll, or a second helping of dressing, let me tell ya! I wish you all the best tomorrow! Gives thanks for all your blessings!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Melissa
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'll be walking in the Dallas cold with you - actually I'll be inside on the elliptical, but will be with you in spirit.

Perhaps my perceptions is skewed, but I don't think 950 is that much. Eat 1,000 calories for the rest of the day and exercise 500 calories = no gain.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Whew! I went for a walk this morning in the wind and "cold", and I don't think I've walked that fast in a long time. :laugh:
    marywilldiet, when you put it in that light I guess it doesn't seem like that much. I expect that (or more)when eating fastfood but not with a home cooked meal. I guess that's what made it seem outrageous to me.