Best Fast Food Salads

Options
At McDonald's: Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken

345 calories, 16.5g fat, 5.25g saturated
Bacon makes it seem naughty, but the portion keeps it nice -- if you use only half the dressing.

At Wendy's: Mandarin Chicken Salad with Grilled Chicken Fillet

385 calories, 18g fat, 2.25g saturated
Almonds supply lots of crunch, so nix the noodles and use half the Oriental dressing.

At Burger King: Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad

390 calories, 20g fat, 4.5g saturated
Three cheeses and garlic croutons -- yum! Just opt for the light Italian dressing.

At Taco Bell: Chicken Fiesta Taco Salad

420 calories, 16g fat, 5g saturated
Say adios to the tortilla shell and this cheesy bowl becomes a safe bet.

At Quiznos: Black & Bleu Flatbread Salad

340 calories, 10g fat, 5g saturated
Skip the flatbread, and this stick-to-your-ribs salad (steak and blue cheese!) gets a thumbs-up.

Replies

• dianerichter
    Options
    I like the Mcdonald's Grilled chicken salad!:smile:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I like Chick-Fil-A's chargrilled and fruit salad :) Chargrilled chicken salad with a fruit cup on top!
    Yummmm!!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this counts as "fast food" but Panera's Thai Chopped Chicken Salad (full size) only has something like 380 calories (with NO modifications!!) and if you get the apple on the side, you have a delicious, healthy, and filling lunch for only 460 cals!
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great info! Thanks!!!
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for the info!
  • carrieliz81
    Options
    Culver's Cashew Chicken salad with the Sesame Ginger dressing is only 513 cals for the whole schebang! Delicious!!
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    Love McDonald's Grilled Southwest Chicken Salad!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this counts as "fast food" but Panera's Thai Chopped Chicken Salad (full size) only has something like 380 calories (with NO modifications!!) and if you get the apple on the side, you have a delicious, healthy, and filling lunch for only 460 cals!

That salad is my favorite salad. I usually eat it without the salad dressing and it still tastes so good~ If I could afford going there every day, I would!

Thank you all for different places to get a salad. It really helps if I am out and have to pick something up.
  • carrieliz81
    Options

That salad is my favorite salad. I usually eat it without the salad dressing and it still tastes so good~ If I could afford going there every day, I would!

Thank you all for different places to get a salad. It really helps if I am out and have to pick something up.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! Why is Panera so expensive??!?! Well, I know why it is, but I wish I could afford it more often!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Bacon makes it seem naughty, but the portion keeps it nice -- if you use only half the dressing.

Almonds supply lots of crunch, so nix the noodles and use half the Oriental dressing.

Three cheeses and garlic croutons -- yum! Just opt for the light Italian dressing.

Skip the flatbread, and this stick-to-your-ribs salad (steak and blue cheese!) gets a thumbs-up.

Are the calories quoted as served, or with the modifications you've recommended?
  • jonisalie
    jonisalie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well those calories are ok but has anyone checked the sodium? Those numbers will scare you and use up most of your daily numbers in one sitting
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I get the grilled chicken ceasar salad, no dressing. It's full of flavor, even for having no dressing.
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    Also, my favoriteeee!! A lil spicy but I like :)
    I couldn't believe it was only 390 for the WHOLE salad :) SCORE!

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! Why is Panera so expensive??!?! Well, I know why it is, but I wish I could afford it more often!
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Thank you for the info. It helps me out a lot.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

Are the calories quoted as served, or with the modifications you've recommended?

I actually got them from another source, but I believe that the calories are with those modifications.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Wendy's Cobb BLT

Bacon
    Lettuce
    Grilled Chicken
    Blue Cheese
    Egg
    Tomatoes

Calories 460

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 26g 40%
    Saturated Fat 12g 60%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 285mg 95%
    Sodium 1490mg 62%
    Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 46g

Vitamin A 90% Vitamin C 40%
    Calcium 30% Iron 15%

Not great I guess ... but probably because of the cheese? I don't use the dressing
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Can’t beat Subway!

Black Forest Ham salad: 110cals, 2.5g fat, 630mg sodium, 12g carbs, 4fiber, 10g protein.

+ Fat free Italian dressing is 35 calories.
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    MMMm I love that they have spinach!!
    Can’t beat Subway!

Black Forest Ham salad: 110cals, 2.5g fat, 630mg sodium, 12g carbs, 4fiber, 10g protein.

+ Fat free Italian dressing is 35 calories.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    NONE of them are good for you. Make your own at home and take it with you.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    NONE of them are good for you. Make your own at home and take it with you.

Buzz Kill...:tongue: