For you Peanut butter lovers out there..

Options
AprilVal
AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
I found a new treat that I know will be a repeat. :) Last night i got hungry and wanted to figure out something to eat.. I cut an apple and I wanted something to go with it.. soo I chose Peanut butter.. And was it heaven.. :) mmmm.. Such a good snack thats not that bad for you.. :)

Replies

• yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    discovered that about 2 months ago and mmmhmmmm...delicious! I had one last night and have already packed one as a snack for today =)
    Not sure if you have heard about bellplantation products. A few people have mentioned it on here and I just ordered some yesterday. It is a peanut powder that you mix with water to create the creamy PB. It has like 85% less fat. They also have it in chocolate and they have a peanut oil. I can't wait to try that. Good luck to you!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Oh hon, we're way ahead of ya! A couple of us just discovered a new healthy peanut butter...it's made by Peanut Butter Company & it's sold at Whole Foods. My boyfriend's brother brought home a "white chocolate" flavored peanut butter & it's nutritional information is about the same as regular PB... SOOO tasty!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I agree:

Sliced Fuji Apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted peanut butter :love:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Love the natural peanut butter with a Fuji Apple. The apples are so sweet and a perfect compliment to the unsweetened peanut butter.

Edit: I'll have to try it melted. That sounds good.
  • nadiakim
    nadiakim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Raw baby carrots also very yummy with peanut butter.
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see that i am not the only person who eats melted peanut butter lol- thats almost the only way i'll eat it (even before making a pb sammich ill melt the peanut butter lol:)

But, I agree, it goes pretty darn well with apples...or celery....or bananas...or pretty much anything...*drools*
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on celery
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I just got some in yesterday and tried it today! Very yummy!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Isn't it yummy?! I use a melon ball scooper to take out the core of the apple and then place the peanut butter in the well. I need to try it melted with slices- that sounds delish!
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I found a new treat that I know will be a repeat. :) Last night i got hungry and wanted to figure out something to eat.. I cut an apple and I wanted something to go with it.. soo I chose Peanut butter.. And was it heaven.. :) mmmm.. Such a good snack thats not that bad for you.. :)

That is really good but im not to sure it is good for you. Yes apples are good but they do have sugar, i know it is natural but its still sugar. Now for the peanut butter if it wasnt natural it was not good at all. Even then natural peanut butter should be limited. I have 2 tbls a day maybe. that is just for the fat cause it is good fats
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt, pb2 mixed as a dip for apples! Myself and kids LOVE it!!!
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    I eat peanut butter and apples every single day pretty much :) It's my treat!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I :heart: peanut butter and carrots!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options

That is really good but im not to sure it is good for you. Yes apples are good but they do have sugar, i know it is natural but its still sugar. <snip>

That's foolish. All sugar is not the enemy.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yes, but peanut butter and banana = heaven :tongue:
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree:

Sliced Fuji Apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted peanut butter :love:

Love Honeycrisp apples and PB...Delicious!!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I do that.:D I tend to pop the peanut butter in the microwave for thirty seconds, so it's easier to scoop.
  • lilybean17
    lilybean17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a peanut butter ADDICT! I try not to eat it too too much cause once I get started there's no stopping. I love it on everything though-apples, carrots, tomato slices (seriously), and rice cakes especially! That's a great alternative to a PB sandwich with regular bread. Oh and of course, PB and chocolate, duh.

Possibly dumb question though-when you guys say you melt it, what do you put it on? Like melt it in a bowl? Or on whatever you're eating? I've never heard of that but I've got to try it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Put a bit of cinnamon in the melted peanut butter to shake things up. Yum.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and apples was a favorite snack of mine growing up. MMMMM yummy.