PB2

Options
Sarahr73
Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
I have seen so many people talk about PB2 so I looked it up. (It is powdered peanut butter, for all the poeple wondering what it is). I am not sure if it would really taste like peanut butter. If you have tried it, let me know what you think of it. I might get the sample pack, but I don't want to pay the money if it's going to be gross. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the PB2 yet. But, I did recently picked up some peanut flour from Trader joes. I think it's the same process; they press out some of the fat. I like the flour because there's nothing else added to it and you can sprinkle in yogurt, shakes, etc. And also use for adding flavor to soups & sauces (peanut sauce!) aaaand if you add a couple tablespoons of water, you can turn it into a paste and use it like peanut butter! I love it!

I use 1/8 cup as a serving (15g)...
    55 calories
    2g fat
    550mg potassium
    4g carbs
    2g fiber
    8g fiber <
    nice!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day. It tastes just like peanut butter but there is a different "note" to it because the peanut oil has been squeezed out (and you're replacing it with water). The thickness of the "PB2 butter" depends on how much (or little) water you add, so you can customize it to your liking. The "peanut" flavor is there though, even though it's a bit different. If you're really picky, you might not like it. For me, a HUGE part of my weight loss success, was my shift from requiring "authenticity" in my foods (e.g., only REAL mayo, no light stuff, etc.) to "close enough." That's made a huge difference, allowing me to save calories and still have the taste I like. Other folks elect to stick to the "authentic" foods even if it means eating less. Me, being a quantity eater, had to take the "90% is close enough" route. PB2 is one of those products. Hope that helps. :)
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    Thanks! I work only 15 minutes from a TJ's, so I think I will go there on lunch and pick up some peanut flour and good healthy bread and have peanut butter toast today!
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Oh, and sometimes I sprinkle a little spenda in it when I make the peanut butter out of it; helps with the flavor!
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    The TJ's by me discontinued peanut flour! But I did find some peanut butter that is healthier. It's called Better n' Peanut Butter. So very yummy and only 100 cal for 2tbsp and 20 fat calories. Way less than regular peanut butter. When I'm out of this, I will try PB2 and see which I like better.
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Ugh! I heard a rumor they were going to discontinue the flour at TJ's! :mad: I bought 5 bags the last time I was there. I better get back there and see if my store has any more left.
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    If they don't have it, try the stuff I got. It's really good. I swear :happy:
  • jamie1888
    Options
    I just called my local TJ's; they have a few bags left! I'll have to go swoop those up!

Better ' N Peanut Butter, if this is the same one, has a lot of additives. I wouldn't buy this one:
    ingredients:
    PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

I'd suggest ordering the PB2 or Peanut Flour online. This is the source that provided TJ's the peanut flour:
    http://www.southerngracefarms.net/peanutflour.html
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    Hmmm....I guess I did not look at the ingredients as well as I should have. I will have to look at the website for the peanut flour and the PB2 and see which is more bang for the buck. Thanks for the info!