Music to exercise to!

Options
I started out doing dance routines (I've been a dancer since I was four, but haven't danced much in the last 3-4 years) I was finding online. But now I've been expanding and my ipod has been getting boring. :yawn:

What music motivates you while exercising? I need suggestions! :wink:

Replies

• maziemoo
    maziemoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Gypsy punk always gets me dancing. My favorite is Gogol Bordello, but I must warn you that if you are conservative in nature you may be offended by some of their content.

Also, a friend and I were discussing today how Eminem is fantastic running music since his beats are timed well for a moderate pace and the hook is well placed for a burst of speed and take about 30 to 40 seconds.

I will be watching this thread since I am always looking for good music.
  • altaymom
    altaymom Posts: 5
    Options
    I enjoy - Black Eyed Peas, Pink, Kati Perry, Cake, Pixie Lott (LOVE HER) strong music for getting strong! :) Keep me posted on anything new you find you really like :happy:
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I like anything that has a beat and keeps my toes tappin'. :) I find that if I can snap or clap to it I can sure workout to it. It might be just moving around for so long but at least I'm movin' and the calories are being burned. :)
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I already have Gogol Bordello! My favorite is think locally =D And Eminem, actually, but not a whole lot (Haven't put a lot of my cds on this ipod haha).

Black eyes peas are definitely on there, but I'm going to look into the others.

I keep asking my boyfriend, but he listens to really crappy workout music :grumble: (He's an MMA fighter, you'd think he'd have SOMETHING good!)
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    My suggestion won't be for everyone: Hip Hop & Rap :O) There are lots of great beats that are engergizing...one in particular right now I listen to is Jermiah w/ 50 cent-Down on me. The "chorus" in this song is amazing to do Bicycle Crunches/Air Bike to. I also like Cali Swagg District Teach Me how to dougie....Twista-Overnight Celebrity.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I honestly LOVE Kesha when I'm working out. The rhythms and beats in her songs energize me.
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the pop/hiphop/rap stuff. Kesha is actually on my workout playlist... :blushing:
    I workout to a lot of stuff I don't normally listen to haha, it's kinda weird.

I ran 2 miles earlier and the new MCR cd came on and it's not that bad to run to (I had downloaded it to see if I liked it, but ended up not liking it for everyday listening).