Ideas needed!

Options
515TeachNRun
515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
Our daughter turns 16 tomorrow. DH and I bought her a little used Saturn. She is NOT expecting a car. Ideas for how to surprise her?

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Wrap the keys in a little box, then wrap that box in a bigger box, then that one in a bigger box....you get the idea =)
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wrap the keys in a little box, then wrap that box in a bigger box, then that one in a bigger box....you get the idea =)

That's a cute idea.
  • britshiv9
    britshiv9 Posts: 12
    Options
    Take her out to eat and ask the waiter to bring the keys out on a plate and sit it in front of her after the meal.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I like the idea, maybe throw in a set of fuzzy dice (the kind you hang in the rear view mirror) or a set of jumper cables, in the last box as well.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the car will already be a great surprise that it will not matter how you give it to her! LOL

Maybe by her a key chain and wrap that up, when she opens it and looks dumbfounded yell surprse and toss the keys at her!
  • godroxmysox
    Options
    That's a cute idea too!
  • godroxmysox
    Options
    Take her out to eat and ask the waiter to bring the keys out on a plate and sit it in front of her after the meal.

That's a cute idea too!
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    Sounds like the car will already be a great surprise that it will not matter how you give it to her! LOL

Maybe by her a key chain and wrap that up, when she opens it and looks dumbfounded yell surprse and toss the keys at her!

love this. lol. shell be like "ohhh great!! a key chain. :/".. lololol :):):)
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    wrap up the keys with a toy car...then take her someplace where the car is with a BIG BOW on top
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options

oh i like that one alot!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I like this idea too!!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

oh i like that one alot!

I think this is the best as well.
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Cute ideas! Thanks!! I am so excited to surprise her with this :love: Despite the teen drama once and awhile, she is a great kid :smile:
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My mom and dad did this:

- Gave me an envelop with a picture of a car - with a note..."What Nikki wants for her birthday..."

- Gave me a small box with a toy car - with a note..."What Nikki is getting for her birthday..."

I was so mad!! They took me out to dinner, talking with everyone about how I thought I was getting a car...asking me what I would have wanted. When we left, they were pointing out cars in the parking lot, "Do you like this one? What about this one?" They took me to a car, started looking in the windows, asking me if I liked it. I was freaking out "Get away from it! That's someone's car, and you're peeking in the windows!!" When I walked around the front of it, there was a huge red bow on it! They yelled happy birthday!!!

I was so surprised!!
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    My mom and dad did this:

- Gave me an envelop with a picture of a car - with a note..."What Nikki wants for her birthday..."

- Gave me a small box with a toy car - with a note..."What Nikki is getting for her birthday..."

I was so mad!! They took me out to dinner, talking with everyone about how I thought I was getting a car...asking me what I would have wanted. When we left, they were pointing out cars in the parking lot, "Do you like this one? What about this one?" They took me to a car, started looking in the windows, asking me if I liked it. I was freaking out "Get away from it! That's someone's car, and you're peeking in the windows!!" When I walked around the front of it, there was a huge red bow on it! They yelled happy birthday!!!

I was so surprised!!

awe this is cute :):)
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    My mom and dad did this:

I was so surprised!!

awe this is cute :):)

that is cute, and it fits our sense of humor too :laugh:
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Print out a picture of the car and fold it up into an envelope. Give it to her during dinner out or at her party. She will probably be thinking it is money or gift card. Watch her face as it slowly sinks in that you got her a car. :) We did this with our kids at Christmas with their trampoline. It took them a minute before they realized what was going on. Very sweet reaction. :)

Or wrap a Matchbox car of the same type you have bought for her. She might think that is the "car" she is getting for her birthday...then you can really surprise her.
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I used a combination of them. I cut a picture from the newspaper and glued that on a card. I wrote, "What Morgan wants!" Then I had a little silver matchbox car in a little bigger bag. On that, "What Morgan gets!" Then we gave her seat covers and air freshener since she thought she was getting her dad's old work truck. On the way out of the restaurant, her dad said, "You always say I don't ride with you enough. Why don't you drive me home?" Then we walked her to her car. Yay! I think she is sufficiently happy and surprised :)

If I knew how to add a picture I would show you :laugh:
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I bet she loved it. What great parents you both are to go to such lengths to make her birthday so special. :happy: