The Perricone Weight Loss Diet, losing the last 10 pounds in

Options
I've struggled with the last bit of weight to lose & just added salmon...wonder if I still have those fish oil pills somewhere?? *burp* :D

http://www.perriconemd.com/category/dr.+perricone/case+studies/skye.do

Skye's Story
It was a blustery late spring day when I got the call from Brad (not his real name), a well-know fitness trainer to many of Hollywood's most famous actors and actresses. "I've got a challenge on my hands and a deadline looming," Brad explained. "I'm working with Skye (not her real name) on a new action film. My challenge is to get her into the 'action hero' shape that the role requires. Her last film required her to gain a lot of extra weight and now we've got to get it off in record time."

Her last role was as a 30-something desperate housewife whose husband's passionate affairs outside of the marriage plunged her into a depression. Her character retaliated by starting an equally passionate affair, although hers was with Häägen-Dazs and Mallomars. By the end of the film she had gained a solid twenty pounds on her abdomen, hips and thighs.

"Skye has been following a low calorie, low fat diet," Brad told me, "and we have a pretty grueling work-out schedule. She's lost ten pounds and her musculature is good, but we've still got a way to go, and not a lot of time to get there. Shooting starts in two weeks." To make matters worse, Brad confided, "Skye is feeling depressed and frustrated."

I carefully went over Skye's daily meal plan and exercise routine and a clear picture began to emerge. She was drinking a lot of coffee and her diet contained no detectable levels of omega-3 essential fatty acids. Without these omega-3s it was just about impossible for Skye to properly metabolize fat. I set up an anti-inflammatory routine for Skye to follow, so that she could lose the weight and maintain the all important muscle. After all, what is an action hero without muscle!

I started her on 3 omega fish oil capsules to be taken three times per day - a whopping total of nine per day. This may seem extreme, but the circumstances called for it. In addition, I suggested she take 1000 milligrams of acetyl-l-carnitine and 2000 milligrams of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) per day.

I also sent Skye a case of canned wild Alaskan salmon and advised her to eat a can a day for lunch along with a dark green salad and an apple. I advised her to purchase eggs from free-range chickens whose diet was high in flax; these eggs were another good source of omega-3s. For dinner I recommended that she eat cold water fish, such as salmon at least 5 nights per week - again with a dark green leafy salad dressed with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, with either an apple or grapefruit for dessert. Admittedly this was a pretty strict regimen, but we needed to accomplish a small miracle in a short amount of time.

I told her to drink 6 to 8 8oz glasses of water per day, and to eliminate the coffee and substitute green tea. The green tea would not only help her burn fat, it would give her a feeling of well-being. The salmon and fish oil would also go a long way towards lifting her depression. At the end of the first week, Brad phoned with an update on Skye's progress. She had dropped five pounds, her mood was excellent, her motivation was back and amazingly, she was making greater strides with her training in a shorter period of time.

The most rewarding moment for me was when I received an invitation to the film's premier - as a personal guest of Skye. As I watched, I couldn't help but marvel at Skye's amazing grace and physical prowess as she put every opponent to shame - from Ninja's to martial arts masters of every discipline - both male and female. I felt nine years old again as I was swept into the world of the mythical action heroes that fueled my boyhood dreams. As the final credits ran the applause was deafening. I was stunned to notice a special thanks to Nicholas Perricone, M.D.
I made my way out to the front of the theater and noticed Skye waiting up ahead by the line of limos and town cars. As I complimented her on her breathtaking performance, she smiled broadly. "Thank you Dr. Perricone," she said. "I have to tell you that without your wise advice and the physical changes that kicked in once I started the fish oil and salmon, this film would not have been made - or at least not have been made with me in the starring role!"

Reprinted from The Perricone Weight Loss Diet

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Aka The Salmon and Salad Diet (I just made that up now but I'm sure it exists) Sounds good, ha ha!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Anyone else trying to figure out the identity of the celebrity?
  • nickiejohnson
    Options
    nice!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Basically, he calls for a low-fat, low-cab, high protein, & high fiber diet with exercise. Good one, Doc :wink:

http://www.perriconemd.com/category/start+fresh!/diet+plan.do?nType=2

I wish more people realized that weight loss was just this simple!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    yes, I'd love to know who it was!! :D just can't help it !
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Basically, he calls for a low-fat, low-cab, high protein, & high fiber diet with exercise. Good one, Doc :wink:

http://www.perriconemd.com/category/start+fresh!/diet+plan.do?nType=2

I wish more people realized that weight loss was just this simple!

This is what I did. I'm at 40carb/40pro/20fat. and I upped my protein with fish because I was already eating chicken, turkey and lean meats. Just be careful of mercury. Salmon has some of lowest mercury levels. (chunk light tuna has less than white albacore).
    Fish oil does wonderful things for you skin too. Mine got so soft and smooth.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This sounds almost too easy to be true! Could this really work? I mean, 10 pounds in 2 weeks seems sorta crazy. I don't really know much here, so I'm curious as to others' thoughts. I'm tempted to give it a go.