Hot tea

I tend to drink hot tea every morning. Does that count for or against me with my water totals?

Replies

• mxtinaj
    mxtinaj Posts: 36
    It counts for your water totals. :)
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    I agree, scientists now believe most fluids count apart from alcohol.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    How do you prepare for your tea? I hope no sugar and no cream. Then, yes, count it, that's how I do it.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I don't count anything with caffeine in it- tea, coffee, etc. because beverages with caffeine don't hydrate you as well as those without caffeine. I've read that caffeinated beverages actually dehydrate you- not sure that's 100% true, but if you do some research, they certainly don't hydrate you as well as decaf. beverages.
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    i count it as water because its sugar free in my case. I drink green tea with no sugar or milk.
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    I don't add sugar, but occasionally I add cream...but I count those calories!:smile:
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    I don't count anything with caffeine in it- tea, coffee, etc. because beverages with caffeine don't hydrate you as well as those without caffeine. I've read that caffeinated beverages actually dehydrate you- not sure that's 100% true, but if you do some research, they certainly don't hydrate you as well as decaf. beverages.

there are DECAF teas...

I drink a cup or 2 of herbal tea every morning.. no caffeine, all natural, no guilt ( unless you count the teaspoon of truvia I sometimes put in, depending on the flavor)