Coworkers...seriously?

Options
2»

Replies

• IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I would have been fired if someone made a comment like that to me :noway: ....Next time she makes a silly comment like that, send her this link...(I posted it a few days ago)...Breakfast is the most import meal of the day..Who cares if you eat 500 cal in the morning. Keep smiling! :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/193577-healthy-big-breakfasts
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I would have asked her to show me her nutritionist certification.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    GRRRR!!! I hate when people analyze what I eat! My boss will come to my desk, stand there and stare at my food, snarl up his nose and say "What in the world is that?" in a really condescending voice. I really want to tell him it's NONE OF HIS FREAKIN BUSINESS!! And to get out of my office and go eat his greasy, fried, artery clogging fast food and leave me alone!!

It would be different if he was really interested in what I was eating, but it's more of a "ewww that's nasty" kind of thing. So annoying!
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate when people have the nerve to say that! "I didn't notice they were mini", yeah, right! Obviously, these people are not there to support you so you shouldn't listen to anything they say.

I'm a vegetarian, so I also constantly have people watching me eat. And I HATE IT. :explode:

It's not necessarily the caloric value (though that's definitely important) it's about the overall nutritional value of what you eat, too. Keep up the good work, and keep on ignoring people like that!
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL @ hroush That was pretty funny!!!

I am like lots of others who have commented here. I don’t like people making comments about what I am eating, whether it is good or bad…. and in return, I don’t make comments about other people’s food either. This is why I go into my office and close the door when I eat lunch now. Of course i still have to deal wwith my children looking at my food and saying "ewwwwww" but at least I can get on to them for it :smile:

I am really sorry she said that to you and made you feel that way…..I am afraid I would be feeling the very same way you are right now, but I also think that you don’t have to justify anything at all to her and if she has a problem with the way you eat, she should stay away until you are finished. You might even consider telling her the truth about how she made you feel when she said that…….MAYBE, just MAYBE she didn’t realize she sounded like a total hag but even if she did realize it…..at least if you said something she’d know she wasn’t going to get away with it without you addressing her rudeness.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I have no patience with foolishness like that anymore. There was an idiot in my neighborhood a few years ago who called me a fat *kitten*. I told him, "Well, I can lose the fat but you'll never grow a brain."

He no longer recognizes me, lol.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just remember who YOU are and do your best to not give anyone power of you... this may be kinda silly but heard this song on Glee the other night and I thought it very appropriate for all of those who look down their noses at us... even those close to us do it without even realizing it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebVkJ4HtZVY
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    So you must work with my mother!
    Seriously - worst food police EVER!!! She's been on some sort of diet or another since I was born - even the infamous cabbage soup diet that stinks up the whole house.
    Hell she and the pedi put me on my first diet at 6. 20 years later I'm STILL FAT! and still having my every bite analyzed by this woman, you'd think by now she'd get that it hinders more than helps.
    I've had her so much as take food out of my hand before. Cause that doesn't make an emotional person eat or anything...

She's been ok lately, but there have been SEVERAL times where I've had to tell her "You cannot be my food police, I need to police myself. Everytime you judge me and talk to me in a condescending way about my choices it drives me right to the fridge. You have to stop if you want me to get better"
    she always says "I didn't say it that way, you just TOOK it that way! You're being ridiculous!" but I think after so many many talks its starting to click. She's been much better in the last month.

I really suggest you confront your coworker on her behavior. She may have no clue its wrong to do that because maybe no one's told her how horrible that makes people feel. If nothing more, she will see that you're not some pushover that she can bully.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to deal with the same thing on a daily basis at work. There is only one other co-worker who recently started on WW and all the others eat fast food everyday. Every time I heat up my food, or come out the kitchen with it, someone says "Oh, what's that,? it smells funny." I used to just answer them and go eat, but I would be so annoyed that someone had to say something about my food all the time. So one day, one co-worker said something smelled "funny." I was eating a whole grain tortilla with egg whites mind you.....so I finally said "You know, it's funny that you always comment on my HEALTHY food that I eat, though I never comment on your fast food from McDonalds everyday that makes this office smell like onions." After that, no more comments. Sometimes, it just takes sticking up for yourself for someone to stop being rude. It took me awhile to realize that too, but I got tired of the comments all the time. There is always going to be someone that is trying to bring you down, probably because they lack the motivation and willpower that you have to take care of yourself. Stay positive!