Anyone just start INSANITY?

Options
mamareese
mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
I just picked up Insanity and did day 1's fitness test today. I wondered if there was anyone else new to the program that wanted to support each other through it? I was huffin' and puffin' but I think I did fairly well setting a good place to work up from! :smile:

Replies

• kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am starting Monday!
  • carmela84
    carmela84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm starting next week as well..so nervous but excited!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    no, but it's true - I'm officially insane lol!

let us know how you make out with the workout. I love hearing about other people's successes and hardships.

just previewed the DVD - looks like a great workout!! good luck!!
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    I am starting Monday!

Im (re) starting Monday as well....going to do my ballet stretches & running in the mornings before work..... INSANITY in the evenings after getting the kiddos to bed
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I am starting this weekend! I am so scared but have to try.
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this evening with the fitness test this evening.... :)
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    OMG I Love Insanity! Shawn T is one tough cookie. I started back in January and was good for about a month, and then had to stop due to business travel.
    Insanity is so effective... You'll see the difference very soon. Keep logging your meals and stick to the recommended calorie level for weight loss and you are bound to see results very quickly.

Thanks for posting. You have motivated me to commence my Insanity routine. Best of Luck to you!
    :)
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am just starting. I did my fitness test today as well. It wasn't that hard. Although I did work up a good sweat in the short amount of time. I am excited to get started. I seem to be more successful when programs give you a number of day challenge. I always think to myself... I can stick this out for 60 days or 30 or 9 weeks etc. Quite motivating. My hubby and I are going to get up a 5AM and do it together. We completed EA Active Sports together without any major blowups so hopefully this will work as well. I am not sure when we are starting. Either tomorrow or Monday.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Wonderful! Glad others are in the same boat! I've read alot about people's successes with it and I'm excited to get started! It does have me a little nervous but like you said, the '60 day' challenge keeps my eye on the prize. I'm looking forward to it. Shaun during the fitness test seemed like a great person to keep me pushing play!!

Tomorrow I'll do it at 530am. I try to get in a little treadmill time before I get into something more hard core so I'm warmed up! Good luck to those already started and those starting now!! Can't wait to see our before and afters!!!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll do it at 530am. I try to get in a little treadmill time before I get into something more hard core so I'm warmed up!

I am on Week 5 right now. Loving it. Anyone who wants to friend me, please feel free.

As for doing workouts in addition to INSANITY -- sooooo not necessary. The warmup is built in. And really, you gotta save your energy for Insanity (assuming you are doing it to your max every time) - if you do other exercise, you will be sorry (energy loss, too tired, muscle fatigue, etc.)
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through my second week of Insanity. I can already see/feel a difference. Love it!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll do it at 530am. I try to get in a little treadmill time before I get into something more hard core so I'm warmed up! Good luck to those already started and those starting now!! Can't wait to see our before and afters!!!

I agree, you don't need a warm up, it's already there. I do add my elliptical or the P90X+ routines after Insanity because I like to keep it at an hour. That said, you won't need any extra. I also run 1 or 2 times per week and do Yoga on my rest day. But really not necessary unless you are already used to super intense and want the extra training for an event or something.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and it feels like it is getting more manageable. I do struggle with the walking push ups and things of that nature because I have bad upper body strength. I usually end up just holding the plank position and not actually doing the full push up. Does anyone else have this issue?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    jennie, I have weak upper body but find that doing walking push ups is actually easier than doing regulat push ups - same with the push up jacks. It sounds crazy but I think it's because I get to use some of my leg strength to help my arms push up.
  • mamareese
    Options
    So I think that mixed up the Cds because I swear I already did Pure Cardio this week. But I must have switched it out and missed Cardio Resistance. Opps! I thought when Shaun T started in that all those outfits looked the same!! And once I got moving I realized...yep, I did this already!! I'm back on track now, I just must have grabbed the wrong DVD. Got a good burn in though and I needed it after a good weekend.

How is everyone doing with those Level 2 drills. 8 push ups is killing me, I only get in about 4 and he's yelling run!! So I catch up with him but can't get in a full 8 at all!

My body was definitely begging me to stop when I started switch kicks...and it was definitely a slower pace then what I had earlier in the week but I pushed through it, I figured sore muscles are easier to work through than lazy muscles!!

Hope everyone's Monday is fantastic and that you get in your work out today!!
  • therobinator
    Options
    How is everyone doing with those Level 2 drills. 8 push ups is killing me, I only get in about 4 and he's yelling run!! So I catch up with him but can't get in a full 8 at all!

My body was definitely begging me to stop when I started switch kicks...and it was definitely a slower pace then what I had earlier in the week but I pushed through it, I figured sore muscles are easier to work through than lazy muscles!!
    Just go at your own pace. Don't skip push ups just because he says run. Do all 8, then do all 8 run steps, then get up, then go down....if they get ahead of you (and they will all the time), so what. Worry about your form.
  • therobinator
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and it feels like it is getting more manageable. I do struggle with the walking push ups and things of that nature because I have bad upper body strength. I usually end up just holding the plank position and not actually doing the full push up. Does anyone else have this issue?

Whenever you have trouble doing whatever they are doing, just modify it so that you can do it...don't make it easy on yourself, but modify as you need to. It's okay. Just don't stop moving! :)
  • Lisiebird
    Lisiebird Posts: 45
    Options
    I'll be starting in two weeks, after I finish up my latest round of P90X. I am used to working out relatively hard twice a day so I'm wondering if I should sneak in an extra workout with Insanity, or do a round of Chalean Extreme. Any advice is welcome!
  • therobinator
    Options
    I'll be starting in two weeks, after I finish up my latest round of P90X. I am used to working out relatively hard twice a day so I'm wondering if I should sneak in an extra workout with Insanity, or do a round of Chalean Extreme. Any advice is welcome!

If you've been through P90X more than once (and it sounds like you have), you will know what you can handle. Insanity is tough (as tough as you want to make it), and you can burn out quickly if you are not fuelilng your body enough. Just listen to your body.
  • chrismisterx
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the fitness test tonight.

It looks a real hard workout and I am not sure someone my fitness level could or should be doing this, but i really like the results people have been getting, could a person who only started working out 2-3 weeks ago tackle this program?