Thank you so much body...devastated

Options
I haven't been around here too much lately, but even though I've been busy, I've been doing so much better. I'm finally strong again after my surgery on my right knee, I've been going to the gym 3+ times a week, eating well, and feeling great about myself. The knee that has taken almost SIX months to recover through extensive physical therapy, excruciating pain, and sheer will is finally at about a 90% functioning level. Being down and out for as long as I was has been devastating to me. I've been weak and in pain and I've had to work so hard to even somewhat feel like a normal person again. The injury and the surgery were physically and emotionally devastating, I had to take a back seat in life and miss out on a lot as well as lose so much of my confidence. Finally though, I felt normal and happy again!

Until today. Two weeks ago, I was doing something simple and felt a crack sensation in my LEFT knee (the supposedly healthy knee, not the surgery one). Since then, it's had some stiffness here and there. Beginning yesterday though, it's exactly like the right knee before I had surgery. It's swollen to the size of a grapefruit and is excruciatingly painful...I can't stop crying when I move and I can't even walk.

I don't think I've ever been so depressed in my life. I just want to be normal and be on the road to becoming healthy....but here we go again. I know that this will only get worse...I'm devastated. I went to the doctor yesterday and she agreed that it seemed like it wasn't a good sign. I'm in a different situation in my life and if I have surgery again or if I need it yadda yadda I will probably lose my job. I'm two semesters away from graduating and trying to launch my career with my job, and I feel like my life just fell apart.

Sorry about the rant, I'm just so devastated and I don't have really anyone to tell about this.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It can be so tough when your body wont do what the rest of you wants to. Hang in there, and eventually you will be all better, health and career wise!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm sorry, this is awful for you. I don't really have any advice just huuuuge sympathy and big big hugs!

I was on a roll with my weight loss and exercise in October/November/December then got a blood clot which left me unable to walk for 3 weeks and unable to exercise for 2 months - set me right back to where I started - its so disheartening so I am sending lots of love. I hope you don't end up needing surgery xxxx
  • lmk224
    lmk224 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I hope you recover soon, I put my back out today so only had a few hours of agony, can't imagine weeks of it and then your other knee going :'( just hang in there, give your body what it needs, don't worry about losing for now if you can, you can do that when you're better x
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the kind words :) I know that eventually I'll buck up about this, it's just going to be a really tough period until I do because I just feel so let down.
  • letsdothis2010
    Options
    I'm sorry, this is awful for you. I don't really have any advice just huuuuge sympathy and big big hugs!

I was on a roll with my weight loss and exercise in October/November/December then got a blood clot which left me unable to walk for 3 weeks and unable to exercise for 2 months - set me right back to where I started - its so disheartening so I am sending lots of love. I hope you don't end up needing surgery xxxx

I'm so sorry about the blood clot, I can only imagine how scary that was. While I was waiting to be approved for my surgery to my right knee (about 4 months) I had a few blood clot scares because of how swollen my leg was.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I`m sory you are going thru this.I was all set to start a job.Thought I had arthritis,was doing ex for it.Dr wanted me to see an ortho dr.Next thing I know I I have a messed up knee and need surgery.I had arthoscopic knee surgery to repair the damage.I go to therapy 3x s a week.It is tough.I keep telling myself,I`ll be better and can ex and do the things I enjoy.
    Sending a big Hug.YOU AREN~T alone.That`s what this is about.support when you need it.
    Take care of yourself.
    jane
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Yeah, was pretty scary - but sadly wasn't my first experience! I have a blood clotting disorder - so that was my second clot! I'm on medication for life now so with any luck that will prevent a third - but they're monitoring my blood levels regularly anyway!!
  • letsdothis2010
    Options
    I`m sory you are going thru this.I was all set to start a job.Thought I had arthritis,was doing ex for it.Dr wanted me to see an ortho dr.Next thing I know I I have a messed up knee and need surgery.I had arthoscopic knee surgery to repair the damage.I go to therapy 3x s a week.It is tough.I keep telling myself,I`ll be better and can ex and do the things I enjoy.
    Sending a big Hug.YOU AREN~T alone.That`s what this is about.support when you need it.
    Take care of yourself.
    jane

Aw hugs to you too. It's hard and it is quite a process...but you can do it! I had therapy 3x a week as well for my knee and it was tough but definitely worth it...it'll make you stronger in the end. Take care of yourself as well, good luck!!!