I am down 75lbs. 50 more to go. Before & Now Picture

Options
I started taking karate years ago weighing in at 295lbs. I worked myself down to 275.5 when my karate instructor told me I had hit the point where my weight was not going to let me go any further. This meant I was not going to be testing for my brown belt. He had me talk to his Dad who got me started on "The Rosedale Diet" by Ron Rosedale which is a healthy lifestyle change. I lost 50lbs by the time my test came around and I got my brown belt. :)

Last weekend was my birthday. In the picture below my husband and I are posing at the top of a waterfall hike near our home. In the left picture I am 275 and it took me 1.5hours to do the 1 mile, 600+stair hike. On the right I am 200lbs and it only took me 30 minutes to do the hike.

wpid-before_and_now_3-13-11.jpg

I have 50 more lbs to go.... but I know I can do this. I am posed to break into ONEderland any day now. So excited!

For more info on my journey you can follow my blog at: www.shrinkingninja.wordpress.com and I am also starting to upload vlogs on youtube. My youtube channel is ShrinkingNinja.

Blessings to everyone on your journey!

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Amazing job so far!!!!
  • inkedshears
    inkedshears Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    nice!
  • swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great. Thanks for posting
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look so much younger in the 2nd picture. Way to go!!!!! Good luck on your way to the 1's!!!!!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!!! Congratulations on all your hard work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! You look fantastic! Keep up the amazing work! :flowerforyou:
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Good job!!
  • Axy6830
    Axy6830 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Inspirational
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    what an amazing change and a wonderful way to spend your birthday. Keep up the good work you are an inspiration.
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • choni11
    choni11 Posts: 1
    Options
    That is so awesome! This really gives me hope and inspiration!:happy:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Well done!! You look incredible and you're an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
  • Beachbean77
    Beachbean77 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great story and such a wonderful change... you look amazing! Keep up the hard work towards your goal!!
  • runninginplace
    runninginplace Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's great, you're an inspiration to all of us starting out!
  • happynmontana
    happynmontana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look Fabulous!!!! So proud of u - - if u can do it - - i can do it :love:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS, you look great. You should be proud of yourself all your hard work has paid off
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You look great.you can do the rest!!Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!