high protein foods

Colfiii
Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
can anyone tell me some food high in protein but low in fats and calories ? ( fats especially )
Thanks

Replies

• WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    bump
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Fage fat free greek yogurt... 1 cup has 120 calories, 0 grams of fat and 20 grams of protien
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    any kind of lean cuts of meat. chicken, fish, sirloin tip steak, turkey best bet is GOOGLE
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    white turkey breast, lean ground turkey, lean pork ground. I also happen to really like the larabar apple energy bars, they are great for fiber and have 4g is memory serves of protein.
  • I am on a high protein diet. I eat beans (all types), lentils, eggs/egg whites, lean meat, lots of veggies and I get over 100g of protein daily.
  • Egg whites. In the carton it's 5 or 6 grams of protein per serving, with about 25 or 30 calories (depending on the brand, they have different serving sizes).
  • Boneless skinless chicken breast ... I like it boiled (keeps the moisture in better) ... turkey, eggs/egg whites, beans, tofu...
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    yep. you got pretty much all the best answers you're going to get. I'd run with it if I were you :-)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    lots of great choices listed above :) my favorite is nonfat plain greek yogurt with berries
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    hi, thanks a lot. Actually I lost weight ( before using this site) by using a high protein diet - wrong said high is just that I have more proteins than carbs. I read that there are 3 types of metabolisms - carb , protein and mixed and it turns out I m protein. Indee, I die if I don t eat proteins therefore if I cut them and put myself in a high carb diet I don t loose any weight, I starv, i actually gain weight and is bad ... so thanks for pointing me to your site it helps since I'm not sure if for others this bigger protein intake works too for loosing wright
This discussion has been closed.