Dear Carbs and Fat....

Options
McFatterton
McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
......I am tired of you running my life. Day in and day out I obsess about seeing an awful red number at the bottom of your column. I become so worried about that red number that I am too often way under the other important things like calories, protein and fiber. You see, I'm a vegetarian so the way I get most of my protein and fiber is through whole grain/wheat breads & pastas, granola, grains, etc. You know, all the things that you awful carbs thrive in. So you know what? I'm going to unfriend you. Yep, that's right I'm taking you out of my food diary. I think it would be best if we separated for a little while. It's what is best for my sanity. Hopefully we can become friends again in the future. I hope you understand.

Sincerely your (un)friend,
Sara aka McFatterton

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    spinach and other dark leafy greens have a good amount of protien...and are low in carbs, and super high in vitamin,minerals,water, and fiber!!!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hahaha What a great idea! I feel the same way about protein and fiber. That's what makes me feel full. I am losing. I feel good. I might just unfriend them too! High five :laugh:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i LOVE this. I'm also a vegetarian so I have this problem too. However, I've been really focusing on eating fewer carbs and I do this by eating spinach, low fat cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, peanut butter, protein powder, protein bars, etc. Feel free to look at my diary for ideas and ask if you want any specific recipes.

You CAN be a vegetarian and still be with in carb ranges!